Friday, October 28, 2011

Winter Birds Ornament

I made this adorable Christmas ornament from Nicecrane Designs yesterday. If you have not visited or purchased from here before, check it out, really. Ignacio is such a wonderful artist and person to deal with.

I love the shape of this ornament. while taping it together I learned that the ATG is definitely not the way to go, lol. Finally I thought of my scor tape and, WOW, how much easier that was. The best part of the scor tape, compared to the red line tape, is that it is ripable (no scissors needed) and the liner does not cling to everything.

There are different pictures on each side of the ornament


The cord, pearls and gemstones are all from Pizzazz Aplenty. Another wonderful site for embellishments. Judy is such a sweetheart and a pleasure to deal with.

If you click on one of the photos, you can see that I added some glitter glue to the snow. This time I tried the SU equivalent of Stickles.

Here is a photo of the ornament from the top. I just love the effect that the pearls and rhinestones add. I would have used all pearls or all rhinestones...but...I did not have the color or size I needed in both. Looks like I need to place an order, lol...Judy, here I come!
See the two edges that are a bit bent? Those are 2 I tried using my ATG for. As you can see, with the scor tape I was able to keep the edges straight.

Since I printed the ornament out on white paper, the edges were white. I fixed this with one of my Copic markers. It worked wonderfully.

Have you made any Christmas ornaments yet? I REALLY would love to see them and maybe glean some ideas ;o) Leave me a link if you would like to share and I will leave you some love!!!

{{{HUGS}}} Sandy O


1 comment:

Nicecrane Designs said...

Absolutely a delicious to watch,,,,,, wow,woww,wowww,,,so cute, so creative,,,,,love your idea and all over the fascinating work HERE,,,,,hip hip hurra.......very well done....LOVE IT,,, LOVE IT.......