Monday, October 18, 2010

Finally, Just Because

WOW! I can't believe a whole week has gone by since I last posted. We caught a bug in the house and it zapped all my energy.  I did try to do some crafting one day and SHEESH! Did you ever have a day that you spent crafting and EVERYTHING went wrong? Spending the whole day to end up with nothing? That is the kind of day I had, so decided to just wait until I was feeling better.

During that week, I went through my blog and realized it had been a while since I made a card just because. I love the design teams but sometimes playing for the sake of playing is such a stress reliever. Saturday I was feeling better and was very excited to get into my craft room. Making a card just because seemed a great way to get back into the swing of things (yeah!)


I found a wonderful site "Digital Designs by Elisa". She creates brushes, which I use in photo shop elements, but found they can be used as just a digital images. I have collected so many of her sets (they are free but she has a donation button to which I send a small donation every now and then). Oh my, they are stunning! Every single set just blows me away.

The image I used for this card is from the "Garden Tea and Floral" pack. I chose it for it's beauty and simplicity. I am so excited that I was finally able to spend some time using one of her images!!! I must admit that I have a lot to learn about using brushes. As of right now, I only know how to change the color of either whole or partial part of the image. They are fun to play with and will be learning more as time allows.


I colored this image with my copic markers as well as a paintbrush to add chalk for the color around the image. I am running out of my beloved prima roses (one of my next orders, lol), so had to color some to match the image and paper using the copics I colored the image with.  Oh Ohhh, I just realized I did not shadow around the flower itself! Oh well, lol Seems there is always something I could have done different.


Here is the inside of the card. I love the new nesties I got. I am hoping AC Moore will be carrying the new sets when I finally have a chance to go. This set I actually purchased on line since I just couldn't wait, tee he he.

Well, I hope you have a wonderful and healthy week!!!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Yvonne Russell said...

Love the vintage look... so delicate and love the die shape too.

Ellibelle said...

This is beautiful Sandy!! Gorgeous image, I love how it is layered on a script background. Beautifully decorated too.