Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Fun, Fun, Fun Challenge Today

This week Digital Tuesday Challenge has one of the challenges I love to do, Ribbons, Buttons and/or Bling!


We also have the most wonderful sponcer for you this week. Fred She Said is offer the winner a $20.00 Gift Certificate to her store!!! Whoo Hoo...

We were lucky enough to be able to play with an image of our choice. I chose to use the "Sunflower & Thankfulness Pre-Colored" Images.

With the set you get all the layers needed to make a dimensional card. Just cut, embellish and adhere.

For the center of the sunflower I used Tim Holtz distressing embossing powder. It is hard to tell by the photo, but it gives the perfect "bumpy" embossed look. To snaz up the flowers I added Dazzling Diamonds with my glue pen. I go through those pens so quickly as they can be used for just about anything one would need glue for.

Here is a close up of the scripture verse that comes with it. You can also add your own sentiment if you desire since there are 2, one with the scripture and one blank. I added Dazzling Diamonds around the frames also (bling, bling, I love bling, ha ha ha)

I used the blank one for the inside of the card, leaving it as a single layer with no glitter or embossing. The flower on the left is 2 layers.

For the card base I used the beautiful White Diamond paper from Paper Temptress. If you would like to see what makes this such a beautiful paper, the photo of the inside will give you a glimse of the shimmer it has (just click on the photo for a better look). Of course, a photo can never to justice to it as the shimmer reflects the light so wonderfully a good shot of it is really, really difficult to get.
This stunning ribbon is also from Paper Temptress. Patricia has all her ribbon on clearence for 40% off. I have been stocking up on most of it. I am not sure what I am going to do when I run out. It is the prettiest ribbon I have seen.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
A Spoonful of Sugar: Sparkle and Shine
Fab'n Funky Challenge: Use a digi stamp
Ginger Loft: All that glitters or blings
Stamp, Scrap & Doodle: Open...but use a digi
Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge: Anything pertaining to nature
Stamptacular Sunday: Layer it on


 
Well, now my craft room is covered with embossing powder, glitter, tiny pieces of paper, a stack of paper that needs filing, a pile of print outs and templates needing filing, egg art stuff I bought that needs a place to rest....Soooooo, my plan today is to brush off my desk and work around it all, ha ha ha.

Have a wonderful day yourself. I really hope you join us this week at Digital Tuesday Challenge. I would love to see what you create with these super fun embellishments!

HUGS,

15 comments:

Kristine Reynolds said...

Oh Sandy...this is just beautiful! I love how you made the sky. Terrific card!

XOXO
Kristine

Lelia Pierce said...

This is beautiful, girl! I'm all about the bling too! :O)

XXX

Ellibelle said...

Wow, Sandy this is stunning! Love how you layered the sunflower. The glitter looks amazing too. Beautiful on the inside too!

Anonymous said...

WOWZER!! This is just gorgeous all together!! Love everything about it!! TFS!! :)

Danielle Champagne said...

WOW, Sandy, this is jawbreaking! I AM AMAZED! I can just imagine the work and the decoupage! the precision in the layering... The inside is so beautiful also. Fabulous. Thank's for playing along with us this week in our Stamptacular Layer-it-on challenge. Hope to see you again soon.
Hugs,
Danielle

Anneke said...

This is a really beautiful card!
Hugs Anneke

Dori Shelton said...

Gorgeous card!

Wendy @ E-1-A said...

Stunning project

Becky said...

This is just stunning. Thank you joining us at Stampin Sisters In Christ.

Anne-Marije said...

What a beautiful card!
xxx Anne-Marije

Ashley said...

what a lovely sun-flower image! good job! thanks you so much for joining us at stamptacular this week! also i'm giving away a candy at my blog have a look! hugs ashley

Graphicat said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!! OMGoodness! Those layers of sunflowers and leaves is just inspiring! And the glitter.... wow! Just Fantastic!!!
Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular this week!
Cheers
Cheri

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Sandy - this is just divine! I am loving the flowers with that fabulous scripture! Your colours are so pretty!! Beautiful inside and out! I am loving this!! Thanks for joining us at the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge this week - we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Jennifer said...

Hi. Am loving your digi creation! Thanks for joining us at Fab'n'Funky! xx Jenny xx

Emma H said...

Very pretty, love all the sunflowers! Thanks for playing along with Fab N Funky