Thursday, June 23, 2011

No Stamping Card

Wow, I can't believe how long it has been since I have posted! First the computer gave us fits, which lasted about 2 weeks. Then I was out of state for a few days. One would think that I would have had plenty of time to work in my craft room and I did. I lost my mojo, though, and could not think of a design or even match paper! Yikes, I felt like such a new crafter.

I finally decided to make a card without using stamps. That seemed so much easier to match up the paper rather than try to match the colored image to some designer paper. Here is what I came up with.

Isn't it just full of demension!

I purchased these butterflies from Penny who has an Etsy store HERE. Aren't the beautiful! They are about the same price as Prima, but are so worth it. She makes them and will take orders if you would like them in different colors. I also purchased some dragonflys that I have not used yet.

All I have are the silver colored crystal swirls, but I did not like how they matched the color scheme of the card. So I tried something new (or new to me anyway, lol) I colored them with my copics! I have done this with pearls before, but never thought of doing it with gems. I was able to get a perfect match to one of the butterflys.

As I said, I am having a brain block about designs, so the basic design of the card is very simple. 

Of course, as most of my cards do, the inside is a match to the outside design.

 Thank you for stopping by today and I hope you like this card :o)

Hugs,

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Sandy,
As always just beautiful! Glad to see you back in the craft room! http://visionsofpaper.blogspot.com

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Sandy it is so lovely to see you back with us in the land of blog and this card is absolutely beautiful the colours, design and embellishments look super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Favorite Favors said...

OMGoodness!!!! How I have missed you!!! So glad that you are back! WOW!!! This is what you produce when you have "lost your mojo"?! This is so beautiful I want one!! :D Exquisite work!!

Kelli

Lisa said...

WOW, Sandy, this card is so gorgeous! I have missed your awesome talent! The details and textures on this card are simply stunning! LOVE it :D

Lisa
http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

Besthobbyeva said...

Welcome back, we have missed you!!! I guess your mojo has come back. This card (like all of your cards), is amazing!! Great, great job!!!

Laurie