Monday, February 21, 2011

OH My! Can I Just Get Them All?

Isn't she adorable. Who does not just adore Precious Moments? When I found these paper tole Precious Moments sheets, I purchased every one that they had. I wish I could remember where I got them! Can't believe I did not book mark the site.

I have a SIL who just love shoes. Any type. The kind you can wear or the tiny glass kind that collects dust. Doesn't matter to her. So, of course, I had to use this image for her birthday card.

There are 5 layers to this image. I have to admit I was a bit intimidated by it at first, with some of the cut outs being so small. It is relaxing, though, and I ended up really enjoying the process. AND...I actually had a birthday card made for someone ahead of time. That hardly ever happens.

What a dilemma this poor girl has. Certainly something we all can relate to, I am sure. Even if one is not a shoe person, trying to pick out a purse can be quite a task! I personally put it off until I have absolutely no choice. Then I find that the prices are just not worth what I am getting. SHEESH...just think of all the Prima flowers I could buy for $50 or so!!!

I am still working on matching pattern papers. I know that it comes naturally for some people, but I am surely not one of them. After 3 years, I still find it the most difficult part of paper crafting. With this one, though, the papers really seem to match up quite well. Any hints out there as to how to make it easy???

Finally a card that doesn't just say "Just a Note"!!! Since I had a specific person and purpose in mind, I could actually stamp "Happy Birthday". Yesterday was her birthday get together and she did like the card. YEAH! I love when that happens.

I am entering this into this weeks Res-Q'd challenge which is to do something that makes you happy. I love to do paper tole, it is such a fulfilling feeling to see the finished piece, it can only make one happy to see that all that work was worth the effort! AND nothing can make me happier than to have made a card for someone to brighten up their day!

If you have not seen the Res-Q'd challenges yet, why not check them out.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:
Res-Q'd: make something that makes you happy
Stamptacular Sunday; S.O.S. Make a card for Some One Special
Crazy 4 Challenges: Use dies
Drunken Stampers: Use die cuts
Digi Doodle Shops Best: Anything goes
For Fun Challenges: Happy Birthday
Stampin' Royalty: Mark it up
Tellen's Place: birthdays
Alot of Rubber Stamps: Use Nestablilities
Arkful INKables: Use die cuts or punches
My Time to Craft: Circles

HUGS!!!

7 comments:

aqualeiga said...

Oh such a pretty decoupaged card! Fab image for girls, if you manage to find out where you got the images you should post on your blog.....I'm sure lots of others would be interested too! Thanks so much for sharing our birthday celebrations at FOR FUN this week. Hugs, Ali x

Julie said...

What a cute card! Love all you embellishments. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop's best
Hugs,
julie

Cards By MI said...

A really, really sweet looking card. Thanks for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Sprytebyrd said...

What a FUN image! Love this card, great happy colors!
Thanks so much for joining us at Stamptacular Sunday this week!
Don't forget our DT call, too! :)
Hugs!! Dee Sprytebyrd's Spot

The Stampin' Royalty Goddesses said...

Very cute. Great work with Markers. Thanks for joining us this week at Stampin' Royalty. Sandra

Sara said...

What a super cute card!!! Thanks for playing along with DDSB!

Betty Wright said...

Fabulous and so beautifully done! Lovely card! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at Stamptacular Sunday Challenges!