Monday, April 4, 2011

Butterflies With Your Lemonaid?

Could anyone get sick of seeing these adorable Sarah Kay images? I don't think so :o) I surely can't. And with them being so easy to do, I have quite a few ready to use. When going through them, I found this one and wanted to use it, certain that I had the perfect paper to match. You can find links to online stores that carry the Sarah Kay 3D images in my post HERE.

After going through all my paper, matching everything up to put together, I was satisfied but had to wait until the next day to put the actual card together. The next day I was totally disappointed with my picks! YIKES! Back to the grueling part of making a card...find better matching paper.

I did not find anything better matching so it sat on my desk for a week before I finally decided that these 2 little girls have waited long enough. With a sigh I grabbed it all and went to work.

The pattern paper is so cute, this I knew I would not change. Don't you just love the birds and foliage. Since I was not certain about the plain paper, I decided to use these butterflies to help bring it all together. When I showed my husband my final card, the only thing he had to say was "butterflies and lemonade, huh?" What??? Don't men know that butterflies go with everything! Sheesh!

Here is the final product. I did try matching other paper, such as pink or rose, but it seemed to blend to much into the image, kind of hiding it. The celery and old olive really did bring out the colors of the trees in the background and still allowed the girls to pop.
I wish I remembered where I got these butterflies. I always think I will remember where I got something...silly me! I should know better, lol. I used the Stampin' Up rhinestones and this beautiful swirl organdy ribbon I found at a scrapbook store about a mile from here. I love it but only got 1 yard. WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!! Now I just HAVE to go back and get more...sigh (tee he he)

We have mixed rain and snow in the forcast today, but I KNOW spring will be here, the birds have assured me :o)

Have a wonderful day!

Hugs,

6 comments:

★*jEnNiE*★ said...

BeAuTiFuL card, Sandy! I absolutely love those butterflies!

~jEnNiE
http://cricutmania.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness Sandy!! This is so gorgeous!! LOVE your pastel colors and pretty sparkle!! WOWZER!! HUGS

~Olga said...

WOW...! What a gorgeous card!!! Love your work! I am now following you. :) Yes, that is so nice of Momo. There is defiantly so many great bloggs out there that need more recognition. Thank you for stopping by my blog, much appreciated.

Unknown said...

Wow absolutely stunning I love it!!!!
The imageis georgeous!!!!!

Judy said...

Sandy, that card is beautiful...

lisa808 said...

Pretty 3-Ds.