Saturday, May 1, 2010

Maculine Card With A Leather Look

As you most likely noticed, I have been on a digi kick. I like them for many reasons, but the one on top of my list is the accessibility and variety they offer. Not to long ago, I found that these are just the beginning of what is available out there. To purchase and for FREE! You can find tea bag patterns, iris folding patterns, paper pricking patterns, paper tole patterns and I am sure there is a lot more I have not found yet.

One thing I found most fascinating is the down loadable hybrid cards! Here is a close up of my most recent hybrid card which I purchased from Craft 2 Craft. You can find this under the quick cards category. All I had to do was cut it out, adhere it to cardstock and add the gold outline stickers. I did do the paper tole technique on this card, though it would have looked fine if I left this part out. For those who are not into the paper tole, there are also many cards without the paper tole images added.

Cowboy top post with paper As you also know, I love Paper Temptress paper. Among the glimmery, shimmery and shiny papers, she carries the most wonderful leather paper line. With this image, how could I not try to print on it? As you can see, the leather paper is not only good for 3D items such as boxes and note books, but it is FANTASTIC for printing on too.

It is a bit thick for the paper tole technique though. I had a hard time cutting out the images for it even with a new blade in my craft knife. Luckily the camera picks up details that the human eye does not see. PHEW!!! So the poor cutting does not show up so much in real life.

When you click on the photos, you will see the fantastic way this paper makes the saddle, hat and boots look like real leather. The background also picked up some of the leather texture. My camera is great at picking out the things I don’t want you to see, LOL, it is lousy at capturing the parts I DO want you to see. Therefore, the photos really don’t do the leather texture justice. In real life, it is sooooo stunning. You will get a good idea of how it affected this image though.

Ccowbou paper CU Cowboy hat tilted left

Cowboy card

Cowboy inside

I used the ivory leather paper on this card. It really is perfect for card making since it is only textured on one side. You can purchase it in white, black, blue, navy blue, gray and cordovan (think Burgundy, LOL) Also available for purchase is a variety pack in which you will get one sheet of each color. This is defiantly one paper you will want in your "real life" stash! Even better, it is currently on special for 25% off!!!

I have accumulated quite a list of online sites that you can purchase digital cards and scrapbook pages or kits. I will be sharing these with you tomorrow :o)

REMINDERS:

  • Don't forget about this weeks Sew Many Cards New Release blog hop which you can read about here.
  • Also my Following Me blog candy which you can read about here.

See you tomorrow! Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to Blogger WOW .. this card really jumped off the page to me!! I "CAN" see the leather look although I'm sure it is still so much better IRL!! My daughter would LOVE this creation ... I'll have to check all the sites out ... thanks for sharing! YOU GO GIRL!!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) May 02, 2010 at 09:00 AM

No comments: