Today I am going to show you how to make your own butterfly embellishments like the one I used on yesterdays card.
- The first thing you will need to do is find a butterfly image. You can find them by Googling Butterfly clip art or use a punch if you would like.
http://www.thebutterflysite.com/butterfly-coloring-pages.shtml (this one you can color them to match your project)
Copy the image into a program such as PSE. Resize to about 3/4 to 1". You will need 2 identical images for this. You can try to flip one of the 2 so they will match up better. I have not tried that yet.
- Print out, I have mine on regular computer paper.
- Give the images 2 coats of mod podge, letting the 1st layer dry completely. Then cut each out after the 2nd layer is dry.
- Glue the butterflies together, front to back and let dry (I used Aleen's tacky glue) You will find that they do not match up perfectly, so cut around it to remove the white edges. You can then go around the edge with a similar color marker.
- With the back side up, shape the wings with a paper tole tool, embossing tool or something similar in shape. Then spray both sides with a clear gloss sealer, let dry (I used Aleen's gloss sealer)
- While waiting for it to dry, prepare the antennas. Using a thin wire, measure the length needed. Fold in half and squish (for lack of a better word, lol) together the fold really well with some pliers. Shape the tips with needle nose pliers to make the antennas.
- Glue the fold to the body, allow to dry well.
- Add some gem stones to the body on top of the antenna. I did not have any small enough to add 3, but three does look better. You can also add some tiny gems to the antennas if you would like.
- Finally add 2-3 coats of the sealer on the front side only.