Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Different Kind Of Bookmark

Today I have a bookmark I made last fall at an Egg Artistry show in Ohio. My mother makes wonderful egg art {just google "egg artistry" and you will see what "real" egg art is :o)}. With my mothers help, I started dabbling with it a couple of years ago and have gone to 2 of the shows so far. Not only are these shows fun and informative, but it is a nice trip for my mother and I to take.

I learned to make these book marks with quail eggs last year. I wanted to make them for Christmas gifts, but being in the hospital made it impossible to do so. Maybe next year! They really are fun to make and quite easy.

The card I used to show the bookmark can be found in my October 5th post here.  I photographed the card and the bookmark at the same time, so you can see it has been a while since I have made it.

I need to order more of the quail eggs so I can make some book marks in different colors. I hope the quail moms don't mind!

Is there a non paper craft that you enjoy? I would love for you to leave a link to your blog so I can see!!!

Hugs,

2 comments:

Carol Hurlock said...

Sandy your bookmark is lovely. What an awesome gift to give to someone who likes to read or for their Bible. I too like other crafts. I enjoy crocheting afgans (I give them to charity) and making quilts. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comment.

Bear Hugs,
Carol :O}

Donna said...

Hi Sandy, I got your message you left on my blog, and I sent you an email back but apparently that email address is now acting up, so if you could use the gmail address on my shop blog, I should receive it then. Thanks for your patience.
hugs
Donna xx