Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Little Booklet

What a fun challenge we have this week for Digital Tuesday Challenge. We get to pretend we are a kid again and make something super FOR THE KIDS. When I make a project for a child, I always go to something that I would have liked. Since I was a bit of a tomboy, this can work out well for the boys too.

Our sponsor this week is My Grafico who is offering a free stamp SET and 20% off your next purchase! Considering all the wonderful images/sets there are, you probably will use that right away :o)

My Grafico gave the DT a really fun set called Carousel Set to play with this week. The set comes with 18 adorable images. This is the largest.

I was not sure what to make with it at first since I printed it out so large. (on the computer it did not seem so large, lol) I decided to make one of my all time favourite items, a notebook. I have had a love affair with paper ever since I can remember. I started hording it before 1st grade! I remember have a drawer of sheets of paper I would not let anyone touch, lol. I was the only one who could look and touch my treasure.

As I grew up and entered school, I fell in love with blank notebooks. They kept paper so nice and neat rather than thrown in a drawer. Soooo...that is what I made.

I used leather paper from Paper Temptress, which is a very sturdy paper, almost impossible to rip. I kept to the nice bright colors that little ones like, keeping my coloring simple. The only embellie being the bows so there is not much to fall off as the little one uses it.
I am excited to see what you make for the little ones in your life. Don't forget that you must use a digi on the project (image, sentiment or paper). No complicated rules for Digital Tuesday Challenges, lol Enjoy playing!!!

HUGS,

7 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Such a clever idea! Love all the white space behind your colorful image.

coldwaters2 said...

Absolutely fabulous card Sandy I love the fresh look of it and that image is super.
Hugs
Lorraine x

Tracey said...

Hi Sandy, thankyou so much for following me :) I'm following you too now......thankyou to MOMO for this fantastic idea, I now can be inspired be so many more great blogs.

Your card is fabulous.....love the bright colors. Be back soon!

Maria Matter said...

oh I like this idea! Beautifully done Sandy!!
hugs & blessings

Ellibelle said...

So cute!! Love the bright colors you used, and the bows will surely be loved by all kids (and of course us adults too!!).

Paula said...

Sandy, Thank you so much for becoming a follower on my blog and thank you to Momo for helping us all get together. I just love this book. The colors and embellishments are cheery and fun. I'm enjoying looking at all your projects.

Reading Doors said...

Good reeading your post