Thursday, March 3, 2011

Thinking of Spring

I finally decided to blow the dust off my rubber stamps. There are so many that still have not seen ink! I know! Shocking! It is a secret though, so don't tell my husband! Sometimes I wonder if I am a stamper or collector.

This is one of the Sugar Nellie stamps I just had to have. Isn't she adorable. This image is called "Basket of Happiness". I am not even sure where I purchased her from. I tried a Google search and did not find her. I did however find...Sugar Nellie digital stamps, Bwaaaa ha ha, how ironic. (and, of course, purchased 2)

I chose out some pattern paper to use before I colored her so that I could color to match. This is something I read just recently and how much easier it is! WOW, I spend so much less time searching for just the right color paper doing it this way.

Sadly, the copic colors did not come out the greenish blue I had planned to match the paper, so the hunt was on for paper to match.  I have so much Stampin' Up pattern paper I am trying to use up, so I can justify buying new pattern paper {wink} but I think SU purposely makes their colors NOT to match copic colors, sigh. I think this paper matched well enough though.

The card itself has such a simple layout, I am not sure it is worthy of such a lovely image. I do love this Paper Temptress ribbon though. It adds a soft shimmer to the overall card.

As you can see, the inside is ultra simple too. I really had a hard time using this paper with the image. I am on the lookout for new paper packs. I find that K & Company has some that I really like, but the shipping is horrific.

Has anyone figured out a good way to organize digital paper? I have quite a bit of it, but it is all mixed in with the digi image folders in my files. Since I file by the creator/site name, it is hard to tell who has paper and who doesn't. I have thought of copying thumbnails into a word file to print out. I wonder if that would help...next time I have hours to kill I might give it a try, lol

HUGS,

No comments: