Friday, January 30, 2009

Envelope of Love and some EXCITING news

I promised yesterday that I was going to envelope you with love today! Well, I go!!!:

Wm bella envelope 1

Since I challenged myself to only make one layer or two layer (2nd layer being designer series paper) this is the first 2 layer card I have made.  Isn't it cute.  I used my french script background stamp for the writing on the love note.  I made sure to add a little tie on the flap to show that if you close it, which you can't since it is taped down, you would wrap the loop around the rhinestone brad to hold it shut.

This card is not an A2 size.  I had a scrap piece of paper that I used which makes this a 6 x 4". I actually like this size.  It will not fit in an A2 envelope though. 

Wm bella envelope 2

 

Here is my second one which is an A2 card at 5 1/2 x 4 1/4". Everything fit slightly different on this one. I have to say, I prefer the look of the first one.

I do LOVE this Big Shot Scallop Envelope Die, which is a Stampin' Up exclusive die. This die is rule based, which means it can cut up to 5 sheets of paper at a time, as well as over 50 other materials!The actual envelope is just to small to fit a gift card in, but it is so versatile when it comes to card making and scrap booking. I have even seen some people make boxes/baskets out of 4 of these.  How cute for Easter!

As always, you can find the recipe in the card gallery :o)

Well....I woke up from a sound sleep last night with a pulled ligament going down my left thigh. I have no idea what I was dreaming about or how I might of moved to do such a thing. It seems to have taken away all my LOL's and Teehehehe's.  Great for those who find them irritating...seems Paul, Peter and Patrick would rather just read and forget the emotion involved. Such a GUY THING!!!

Well....my pulled ligament is not the EXCITING news....hay...wait....there are some birds singing right outside my window.  Ahhhhhhhhh....One of the most pleasant sounds I ever heard. Especially with soooooo much snow on the ground. Just need to hear some bees buzzing now!!!

The EXCITING news.  Did you see the new link in my right side bar??? I am now a member of a design team.  My first ever.  This is a brand new company with the cutest stamps! Just click on the link to see them.  They have so many more in the works. Also....there are some in a very different style by another artist in the works too! How exciting is that!!!

Nancy and her son Brian are just starting out and I know they will be a hit.  Brian had done all the art work so far and boy is he talented.  He has even made a rattle snake cute!!! If your Irish or Scottish, you have to take a peek at the Bag Piper! With the variety of images they already have, you will find it difficult to choose some out! Shipping is VERY reasonable too!

I can hardly wait to get my stamps in so I can play and share with you!

Well....I am off to hobble about the house.  I can still stamp, YEAYYYYYYY! but I can't turn in the chair unless I want to wince in pain. That can make even paper crafting no fun. I know because I already stamped this morning, FUN, fun...I will share these tomorrow :o)

See You Then :o)

HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: