Thursday, February 12, 2009

My Hero and more about the contest

Hi everyone...a rather quick post today.  I made this card using 2 of the stamps from Dog Gone Stamps.  Look at these guys, tee hehehe, they are so cute.  How talented Brian is to be able to make a rattle snake so adorable! The recipe is in the card gallery.

I wanted to make a card using some of the DGS images today because....Nancy was so generous to donate 5....Yup...that's right FIVE stamps to booty! WOW, she picked them herself and they are traveling to me as we "speak" Ha ha...and I will post a picture of them as soon as they arrive.

Before getting to the dessert, I have this appetizer for you!

107 

Aren't these guys just the cutest! Nancy put the Caterpillar in my order as a surprise, isn't she sweet! The very first think I thought of with the 2 images is the book "Are You My Mother?" Bwaaahahaha I just could not come up with a way to make a card like that and have something to actually use it for. I mean...you wouldn't give it to your mom for Mother's Day, right.

Here is the other idea that came to my mind.  Now I think this is perfect for Father's Day or Mother's day or a Birthday for parents, an older sibling or a friend.  Actually there are so many things this card could be used for, I think every one should have both of these images, LOL.

Here are a few smaller pictures to show a bit more of the detail. You can click on any of the photos to see them full size.

You can see that this is a tri-fold card. You also can see the dimension of the images if you click the photo. 113   

The snake starts with one dimensional at then head, I added another layer as the tail starts and finished with the rattle actually having 3 layers of dimensionals. The Caterpillar is the same but backward. He starts with one at the tail, ending with 3 at the head.  What I wanted to do is give the appearance that they are looking at each other, LOL, and the snake is actually shaking his rattle, HA! In person it looks pretty cool.122

I covered the snake with Twinkle H2O's after coloring him.  When the card is moved, he shimmers different colors depending on the light.  Some light green, some pearl, kind of like a real snake would (YUCK, Tee he he).  It was really hard to capture a picture of it but in the larger photo you get a glimpse of it. You can not see just how pretty it is, though, and how it really covers all of him.  The Caterpillar is dressed with flocking. How cute is that! I actually got the idea for the flocking from this post on Melanie Muenchinger's blog Hand, Head and Heart.

OK...Onto dessert. Yesterday I promised a picture of the Stampin' Up set up for grabs. Here it is.....126 

Isn't that just gorgeous??? And it matches the level 1 set "Dear Friend" in the current cattie.  You could put them together and it would look like they are one set. Loooooove IT!!!!

And are some of the other things that will be in the box with it.

129  

There are:

(5) square coasters

(5) rectangle coasters

(3) 6' rolls of ribbon

(2) 12' rolls of ribbon

1 each:

8' roll of ribbon

4' roll of ribbon

Pkg K & Co. Die-cut card stock

Pkg of 3 small paint brushes

Pkg of 5 little dippers (great for glitter, EP or micro beads)

pkg of 3 paper stumps (for blending)

Pkg of 30 Swarovki Elements Crystals 4mm

AND...that is not all....NOPE!!! there is more Tee he he he  I have some really neat alterables to put in the box, too.  I could not fit them in the picture today...so come back tomorrow and see them!

If you did not read the post yesterday about the contest/blog candy, check it out.

So much for short posts, LOL, leave me a comment, tell your friends and come back tomorrow!

***Editted to update on the views for the contest. So glad that I decided to go for 16000 to give more of you a chance. If I stayed with the 15000 I originally wanted, the contest would have been over already, LOL As of 5pm EST there are 15092 views! Whoo Hooo!!! Great start to the contest!

Till then.....HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: