Sunday, December 20, 2009

A Challenging Day

Well, here in NH, just like much of the east coast, we had a snowy day. How pretty. I love the way it sparkles in the light before the plows come around. As I am not much of a TV watcher, especially during the day, I decided to do some challenges.

With the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I've been low on mojo, so have been seeking out some challenges to get my "spark" back. I have been using the site Daily Dare, which lists blogs with challenges for that particular day. It has been such a blessing to me. I like being able to choose the type of challenges I prefer, such as use a certain item challenge over a theme challenge.

Today I found a cute blog by a 10 year old stamper named Aly. She posts a sketch she made every other week. You can find the current sketch here. Though sketches are not among my favorite challenges, this one was to cute to pass up!

Flower dragonfly challenge Flower dragonfly challenge close up 
I kept the card simple since the sketch was fairly simple. I must say, I really enjoyed making this card.

The dragonfly is from the SU set Nature's Nest. The flowers are Prima.

The next card I made was actually for 2 different challenges.

You know I adore the Stampin' Sisters in Christ challenges, which are posted each Sunday.  This week, being a busy holiday week, the challenge is a sketch. I combined this challenge with the one from a site called Pile It On. I am so glad I found the Daily Dare. Through them I have found some wonderful challenge sites that I will be visiting weekly, which works out really well with some only posting every other week.

The Pile It On challenge is to use chipboard. I was torn as to what to do since chipboard is a medium that has the potential to become just about anything! I decided to combine it with the Stampin' Sisters sketch.

Armed with the 2 challenges, off I went. I was only sure of 1 thing, to use the SU butterfly big shot die with the chipboard. After cutting those cuties out, I decided to use my wonderful Jolie Chocolat paper, YUM. Of course I had to use the Paper Temptress Sparkle paper as a layer! I also used her paper as a base, such incredibley DELICIOUS paper she has!! Then the card just seemed to take on a life of it's own, LOL

Here is the final result. As always, you can click on any of these photos to get a larger picture to view more details.

Chipboard butterfly card

Chipboard butterfly card side
Chipboard butterfly card closeup
Chipboard butterfly card charm

 Isn't this little charm cute. This is not the first time I have used the shrink paper, but I have to admit I saw a blog this week where the person used this set with it. It seemed to be a good idea for this particular card. I can not remember whose site it was, so if you know, could you drop me the name in a comment? Thanks so much!

EDIT: Found the site with the tutuial for the charm. Here is the link charm.

Since just the right charm is difficult for me to find on hand (no matter how many I seem to have, LOL) I am sure I will be doing many more of this type in the future!

I would love to know what you think :o) REALLY...who doesn't like to read comments, tee he he

Thank you for stopping by my little blog on this busy week. Hugs, Sandy O


No comments: