Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Ornaments galore

WOW, only 3 days until Christmas. Hard to believe that it is upon us and 2009 is almost over! As I wrote about in this post, we will be celebrating Christmas in January. Therefore, we decided to put up the tree Christmas day, LOL.

I made some ornament this year to hang on this tree during our unusual holiday season. These ornament will always remind me of the unusual but truly blessed Christmas of 2009 (2010).

Bird ornament 1 Blue snowbird ornament










   Pointsetta round ornament

You can click on any of the photos to see more detail.

Dragonfly ornament

A few are unusual for a Christmas tree, the dragonfly, butterfly and birds. They certainly represent Christmas this year, LOL.

I made these by adding about 20 drops of Stampin' Up re-inkers inside, swirled around until the inside was covered, then put upside down over a paper cup to let the excess drip out.

I then added some fine glitter (I found the chunky does not give good coverage), covered the hole with my thumb and shook until the inside was completely covered. Finally shaking the excess glitter out and let dry a bit before replacing the top.


Butterfly ornament I used rub-ons I found in the home decor section of the big box craft store. These are really thick rub-ons and difficult to adhere. I would definitely suggest using good quality glass ornaments as the cheaper ones broke in my hand as I rubbed. This was the most difficult part of the process, UNTIL...I found that heating the bulb first with my heat gun helps the rub-on adhere quicker and easier. If there was a stubborn section, I simply heated that section and voila...no problem.

These will make a lovely last minute gift or a gift for folks like the mailman, UPS guy...we love our UPS guy right, LOL, hairdresser, etc.

Have you made any home made gifts this year. I would love to hear what you have done. Perhaps using your ideas for next year {{{wink}}}

Again, thank you for stopping by my blog today! hugs, Sandy O

No comments: