Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fred's Candle

WOW, 2 posts in one day, LOL

I made a card for a few challenges, and some of them are due today...YIKES...so I am posting the card now.

The challenges I made this for are:

Stampin' B's: Use a candle image

Pile it on: Anything digital

Stamp Something: Holiday something

Craft Creations Challenges: Sparkle, glitter and bling

I used another of the beautiful Fred She Said digital images on Paper Temptress paper.

Candle digi front

Instead of layering, I decided to but parts of the leaves and flower with my craft knife, I then bent the paper so that it would give dimension. I then colored the back side and edges of the leaves and flower so the color would match the outside instead of the white from the card stock. Next I cute the flower and leaves from another image and glued it onto the back, lining up the flower and leaves. This prevented the inside from being white also.

Here is a close up.

Candle digi close up

You can click on the photo to get an even better look. I embossed parts with gold, other parts I used my Sakura glitter gel pans. I embossing the outer part of the flame and put glitter on the inside. I also used crystal effects on the white part of the candle, as well as the dripping parts.

I embossed the outer edges of the nestability cut outs to match the image. Finally adding ribbon and a small bow on the bottom. I adhered the top layer with the candle image on it with dimensionals.

Here is a peek at the inside.

Candle digi inside top Candle digi inside I am hoping to make a tutorial on how I did the flower next time I do this technique.

Thank you for stopping by and reading a 2nd post, LOL

 

 

 

 

  

Happy New Year, I hope you night is wonderful and that your year will start off with blessings.

Sandy O

 

No comments: