Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Prayer Tin

Stampin' Sisters in Christ had another challenge this week. The challenge:

To make a card to let someone know you are praying for them, using images of people (men, women and/or children...angles are OK too)

I looked through all my stamps and was surprised to find I have very few stamps depicting people. The few I have did not seem to match the prayer part of the challenge, which I felt was more important than the image of a person. Perhaps the SUN could be considered the SON, who is a person though unseen to us until we are called home.

Though I won't win using this image, I thought it was appropriate to the verse.

Thomas Kinkade prayer card tin


I do not know anyone who does not know Thomas Kinkade. His paintings are magnificent. Cornish Heritage Farms has had the blessing of being able to transform these paintings into marvelous rubber stamps that, as you can see, create a marvelous image.

I colored only the sunrise, leaving the sea, mountains and cross plain. I also made rays coming from the sun with my Sukora glitter gel pen. LOVE those pens!!! This is to represent the beauty of our Lord and the dull world that we now reside in. I also used some Sparkle paper from the Paper Temptress as my goldish layer. Again larger and brighter than the black (darkness/sin of this world).

Here is a close up of the front. If you click on it to get a larger picture of it, you can see the sparkle of the paper though the shimmer of the sun rays does not show. 

Thomas Kinkade prayer card tin close up


The verse is adhered with dimensionals with a magnet attached between them. This is to hold the card closed when the tin is open.

Here is the inside of the card:

Thomas Kinkade prayer card tin inside card



I used one of Stampin' Up's thin hinged tins to make the prayer card holder, in which I attached the actual card to using Scor Tape.

Thomas Kinkade prayer card tin open

 

Inside the tin I put 4 prayer cards, on which I hand wrote verses about prayer. This is to represent the fact that I am praying for her. I also added 4 blank prayer cards and a fine tipped mini marker. On these she can write verses that encourage or remind her that the Lord is always with her.

Well, I hope you like the card. Perhaps I will find a digital image I can use to have a card that matches the actual challenge.

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I would love to hear what you think of this card/gift, so leave me a comment if you have the time :o)

Hugs, Sandy O
 

No comments: