Thursday, November 5, 2009

My Challenge Card

Double embossed white and silver
 

Yesterday I promised to show you the card I made for the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Here it is!!! I took this photo yesterday, therefore the picture just would no come out well. Yesterday was not a good day for either my eyes or my camera. I am so glad I took some close ups that came out fairly good for you.

I used some of the absolutely gorgeous White Diamond Card Stock from Paper Temptress. I decided to do the double emboss challenge from SCS at the same time and am so glad I did. This is the first time that embossing with my nesties actually worked for me and it is such a pretty technique! I actually triple embossed by heat embossing the verse, LOL, but I am not bragging {wink}

The verse I decided to use makes this card good for a few different occasions, therefore I left the inside blank. A sympathy card comes to my mind, but it could be used to simply encourage someone as well.

I have a sticky note by my computer that says "It's not yours to carry". What's not??? Well, your burden. As the verse I used yesterday says, He has already overcame it. So why carry it around when you can simply hand it over to the one who has already overcome it? I will admit, it is no always simple. That is why He gave us these wonderful verses, to be reminded and able to encourage one another with them.

Double embossed white and silver close up  The butterfly was actually a pewter color, so I pulled out my new SU silver shimmer paint (try saying THAT 10 times fast, LOL) and gave this flying beauty a quick coat. WOW, this paint is amazing. It covered completely, dried almost instantly (important if you are as impatient as I am, LOL) and SHIMMERS!

The flowers and swirls needed a little extra, I thought, to balance out the card. So I opened the shimmer paint again and with a small paint brush I colored over the embossed swirls and center of the flowers. It looks like I used silver leafing on it! I must make sure I purchase more before the holiday mini expires.

Double embossed white and silver close up 2 This close up shows a bit of the beautiful shimmer of the white diamond paper and how the silver shimmer paint looks. 

I wish I could capture on camera how pretty this card came out. You just can't have a "bad" card with this paper! It is simply too pretty.

What a quick and simple card too. Those are the very kind of cards that I struggled with in the past. Seems the simpler it was, the harder it was for me to do.  Weird but true.  Now that I am getting back into paper crafting after a 7 month leave, the quick and simple has become much easier, LOL

I guess crafting is not like riding a bike. You can't start where you left off after such a long time. I felt like a beginner all over again. It was fun to learn the quick, clean and simple way of making cards. How thrilled I was when I made 10 different cards in a single afternoon! I will be sharing those with you next week.

Before then, I have a wonderful project to share with you tomorrow. I am sooooooo excited. What a nice gift this project makes and soooooo very easy AND inexpensive. So please stop by and see what I have to show you!

Till then, hugs

No comments: