Thursday, November 12, 2009

Operation Write Home

Yesterday I shared with you my burden for our military men/women. I also shared the organization Operation Write Home.  If you did not read yesterdays post, you may like to do so before reading this one.

Along with the Stamping Sisters in Christ Challenge #12, they have a bonus challenge to make blank cards to be sent to OWH. I went through my box of cards and chose some generic cards that I have made. I tried to find a variety of feminine, masculine and children's cards. I have mailed out the bulk of them, but have a few left to send since I ran out of envelopes!! Can you believe it. How did THAT happen???

I wanted to do something for the holidays for them also. So I made 12 blank Christmas cards to send to Candace to put in the box she will be sending OWH. Here they are:

Blank military christmas 1

Blank military christmas 2

These cards are Quick & Simple. No coloring, not bling. As anyone who knows me, bling is my thing, LOL. I love bling, I love layers. I love coloring. But for this card I only added two tiny ribbons, since the card looked to plain without adding something. I certainly did not want to cover a soldier with bling (glitter), what would the other soldiers think!!! {{{Wink}}}... Besides that was one of the guideline, no glitter! LOL

I made 6 of each color using the SU set Home For Christmas.  I thought the sentiment would be perfect. On the inside I added a layer of the very vanilla card stock with the "Merry Christmas" sentiment from the SU set "A Cardinal Christmas".

These really were quick and simple. I think the part that took the longest were the little ribbons, LOL.

That is it for today. Tomorrow I will be sharing with you my SCS Try A New Technique Challenge card. So come back tomorrow and learn a new technique with me.

Till then, hugs



No comments: