Friday, November 13, 2009

New Technique and My Last Quick & Easy For The Week

We made it to Friday, YEAH....

This past Monday, the SCS Technique Challenge was to make Paper Towel Flowers. Different huh? I guess since paper and paper towels are both made of wood, it isn't to much different. The one I made was  a lot of fun. I think if I had a different type of paper towel it would have come out better. Viva is more cloth like than other paper towels, so scrunching the flower was just about impossible. It came out kind of pretty though.

Paper towel flower card

What do you think? I was going to run the top layer of cardstock in the big shot, but decided not to since the flower took a bit of time. This was supposed to be quick after all, LOL. I dried the paper towel with my heat gun to quicken the process.

Here is a close up of the flower.

Paper towel flower

 

I love the Organza Ribbon from Stamping up. Using it with Paper Temptress White Gold paper is stunning!

I hope you get to try this technique. It really is a lot of fun. I am going to try it again when I buy more paper towels.

I finally finished the TINY paper flowers I have been working on. So come back tomorrow and see these tiny creations.

Till than, hugs
 

No comments: