Friday, August 27, 2010

Distressed Vintage

Did you ever sit down to write something and find you have no idea what to say? That is where I am at today. I waited all morning for inspiration but after lunch I realized I had better just get writing!

When I found this post card image from Mo Scraps, I was so excited to make something out of it. Now, though, I can't seem to find the link to her blog. If anyone know can you drop me a note?

Of course I had to add glitter, you know me...bling, bling, bling, LOL. After distressing the edges, knowing that the printer ink would run if wet,I sprayed it with water. As soon as the ink started to run I quickly dabbed it with an old piece of t-shirt (one of my favorite tools, lol) I sprayed areas of the edges as well as the corners and after dabbing curled the paper a bit. After I was satisfied that I made it look "old", off I went to find materials to make a card with it.

This is always the hardest part for me. This day I found what I needed right away, YEAH!!! It was going to be a good craft day!

These 2 butterflies were originally white and gold. To make them match the card I colored with my Copic markers and went over the gold with my silver Primsa marker. As you can see, I have not gotten much better at waiting for things to dry, sigh. A little better, yes, but I still have much patience to learn.


This beautiful paper is form Bearly Mine. I am in love with her paper and right now can't imagine using another! I made the mistake of using SU Vanilla card stock as a base. The color was perfect and I actually have it in the 12x12 size I needed, but.....this card stock is very thin and really does not hold up well with the embellishments. As this picture shows, the base began to bend and buckle when I opened it for the first time. Well....live and learn, right, lol


In hind sight, I wish I had machine sewn the lace on. Perhaps I will make another when I buy more flowers. I am sadly running low of them {{{weeping on my keyboard}}} and have not been fortunate enough to win any blog candy with them included. Oh well, a girl can try right. It is not so much the cost of the flowers, it is the shipping that kills me to pay. Raise your hand if you, too, shy away from paying shipping for a smallish order? I see all those hand, I KNEW I wasn't alone, LOL.

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Creative Card Crew: Sparkle and shine
Flutter By Wednesday: Anything goes but must included butterflies, fairies or angels
For Fun Challenges: Anything but try to include ribbon or lace (the prize includes some lace and ribbon flowers, LOL)
Scrap Creations: Recipe Ribbon, Flowers and brads or pearls (I am hoping that the pearl like things on the butterflies count!)
Wild Orchid: Make it sparkle (2nd prize is LOTS of flowers and pearls! WISH ME LUCK, LOL)

Thank for stopping by today. HUGS!!!

4 comments:

Chrissie said...

Beautiful glittery creation!
Just perfect for our Sparkle and Shine Challenge at the Creative Card Crew!
Chrissie

Peggy said...

Wow. I love this card. You are correct about the paper. Thanks for sharing with us at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations.

Kristen said...

Great card, thanks so much for joining us this week at Going Grey with Scrap-Creations!

Dena said...

Oh your vintage piece is beautiful! So feminine!!!
Thanks for joining in the Wild Orchid Crafts Challenge this week!
Hugs, Dena