Friday, August 13, 2010

Paper Tole, Stiching/Embroidery and DT Call


I made this card for the Southern Girls Challenge Blog DT call. You can read about it here if you are interested in trying out. We are to make and send a card that uses our favorite things.

That sounds easy but I have so many favorite things that I could not just choose one, ha ha ha. So I added some of my favorite things.

I purchased this adorable Sarah Kay Paper Tole image from Card Stitching here. They are carrying 8 different sheets, which, from my searches, are the only ones available. The sheets are no scissors required die cut sheets. You just punch them out (then sand or snip off the little tags on the edge) and apply the layers using dimensionals or silicone. How easy it that! AND...they are glittered! WOW...Sarah Kay, glitter AND die cut...sheesh, I should have ordered more than just 1 sheet each.

As I wrote in a previous post, I spent much of the 2 months I took off to babysit, cutting (punching out these, LOL) and putting together lots of paper tole images. You will probably see many in the coming weeks, tee he he

The lace on the sides is actually made out of 2 types of lace. They were both off white so I used my Prima gold pen to add centers to the flowers and a touch of gold in the ovals of the top lace. It looks brown in the photo, not matter what I did with PSE. I wish you could see how "gold' it really looks.

The favorite things I used on this card front are paper tole, paper stitching (gold thread, too), Prima flowers, pearls (these are the totally AWESOME new SU self adhesive ones) and lace. On the inside I added one more favorite thing, a charm. The charm was originally silver but I magically transformed it into gold, tee he he Well...with the help of my beloved Krylon gold leaf marker.


I also used the Krylon marker to add a gold touch to all the flowers I am not sure what others use to attach the Prima flowers, but I use the Embellishment glue stick. WOW, this glue holds anything! I also used it to keep the charm in place since it had a tendency to get in the way when closing the card. The inside flower does make it "less than" flat, so it would not be the best card to send in the mail. I know there are templates for card mailable "boxes" if I really wanted to mail it. I should at least search for the one I saw and bookmark it just in case, LOL




Anyone who decides to try out for the Southern Girls Challenge DT, I truly wish you luck. Wouldn't it be great if we both got on it!

{{{HUGS}}}

4 comments:

Kathy Czygan said...

Wow! Sandy...this is a work of art! Love all the detail and your paper tole is awesome! I love Sarah Kay art! Just Beautiful inside and out!

Denise said...

Wow Sandy! I am so in awe of your talent. This is an absolutely gorgeous card. But I could never use this as a card because it would never be truly appreciated with writing on it. I'd have to put it in one of those dimensional frames and stick it on my wall and walk by it every day! I truly mean it! Good luck to you!!!

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my goodness, this is amazing. The stitching is incredible. Love all the amazing details.

Ellibelle said...

This is super cute Sandy. I love Sarah Kay images. The border and those roses are just amazing!!