Monday, August 23, 2010

Start and End With Family

Good morning and happy Monday to you. I know...we all dread Mondays, but today I am determined to start with a positive outlook. Want to join me? Perhaps this card will help brighten your day.


I found this beautiful sentiment through Craft Crave directing me to this Flutter Butter Designs freebie. When I saw it, I just had to have it. I've got to tell you that I have downloaded so many free images (from loads of sites, some actually offering all their items free) and some I purchased after picking up the freebie and seeing what else they had. I have them filed by site, but it is hard to remember who has what, if I can even remember I have it. I end up having to check out all the folders until I find what I am looking for. I am trying to figure out a good way to keep a list of those who have just paper, kits, images, etc. When I do, I will let you know, LOL


The frame is not part of the sentiment, but is another freebie I found through Craft Crave. It is part of a kit called Grace from Scrap from the Heart. It is actually a bit longer and slimmer, so I resized it to fit the sentiment and my oval nestie die.

I got to add some bling to it, YEAH! You can see, though, there is not much needed to make this a stunning card front. I added black glitter to the butterflies that the camera refused to pick up, so stubborn! It looks really pretty which I was not sure "black" would accomplish. It is one of the most difficult color for me to use.


This paper, though, is not hard for me to use at all. Of course the top layer is White Diamond from Paper Temptress, the white paper I always seem to turn to. It comes in both text weight and card stock. Super duper YEAH! which allows me to use it for layers or a base. You can find it here, but there is no image since it is so shimmery and the stunning shimmer is very difficult to photograph. Go ahead and ask Patricia for a sample, she would be happy enough to send you one. Be warned, though, once you see it, like me, you will HAVE to keep it in your stash.

This pretty pattern paper is from the SEI Chocolat collection.  It has been around for a while, surviving though the retirement of other series, but who know how long it will last. It is available in paper packs or digital. You can purchase them both so you will always have it on hand, tee he he.

So how is your Monday going so far? I have the day off of babysitting and guess what I am planning to do?  Did you guess, LOL. That's right.....working with paper, bling, ribbon, stamps and all kinds of fun things. Opps, I hope I did not ruin you Monday if you must work today. To make you feel better, I normally do babysit on Monday, butttt....today is my daughter Alicia's 26th birthday. Her husband, James, took it off so they could spend the day together, isn't he just the sweetest. Sadly, she could not get it off, how ironic.

Well, I am off to start my day...{{{HUGS}}}

No comments: