Saturday, August 21, 2010

Finally, a Masculine Card

I must admit that masculine cards are one of the most diffucult types of cards for me to make. I always feel the need to add some kind of bling; jewels, pearls, ribbon/lace and the like. When I make "female" cards and show my husband, he typically says "Oh ya, that's nice". This card, though, he said right away "Oh, I REALLY like this one" Sooo...I guess I hit the jackpost, LOL

This is called a Spiral Pyramid, and is the first print and cut masculine image that I really liked. It is so easy to do, print, cut (all straight lines!) and attach with dimenstionals. The printout even comes with directons so that you know which peice goes where. Crafts U Print has several of this type, but this one I found at Stamp N Doodle. She does not have as many, but they are all so nice.


 This image is a unique design, so it did not print poorly, it is one of the styles she has. I like her images, some really detailed sketches and some really cute images. I am definatley planning on purchasing more. The best part is, once you purchase the image, you can print it as many times as you would like. She has a lovely Christmas image too, >>>here. This particular image is called " Wolf Kisses", which I believe, could also be used for a Christmas card. How easy, and yet stunning this years Christmas cards will be by using one of her images. The price is right for anyone at a mear $3.00. Some paper, ink and dimentionsals is all you would need.


You can see that I was still able to use some bling with this one, SUPER YEAH!!! It added just the right sparkle to the snow without taking away its masculinity. I used Stampin' Up paper for this card and some boarder metallic stickers.


On the inside I used the retired Stampin' Up set "Wolf". I was so close to selling this set just 2 weeks ago so I could afford some of the newer set I thought I might use more often. PHEWWWW...I am sooooo glad I didn't!

I know I sometimes sound like a commercial for items I use, but I am always to thrilled to find something I like so much, I just have to share it with you!

I hope you like this card as much as my husband did :o) (wish I could add a REAL smiley here)

Well, Thank you again for spending a bit of your time with me. I hope you all have a fantastic weekend and that the weather is going to be as nice in your area as it is supposed to be here in NH.

{{{HUGS}}}

5 comments:

Ellibelle said...

WOW, Sandy this is amazing!! Really masculine, and so interesting with those cuts and folds. Love it!!
I also wanted to tell you that I loved your last card too, read your whole post then one of the kids called me away and there I forgot to leave a comment. It was just as amazing, beautifully put together with all of the stitching.

Michele Kovack said...

WOW! This is really a cool card!!!! Love it!

Unknown said...

This is a great card x Leigh x

Laura lok said...

oh i really like this

Darlene said...

Oh WOW Sandy ... this is amazing!! LOVE what you've done here ... really spectacular!!!