Friday, August 20, 2010

Flowers and Digital Paper

Good Morning and Happy Friday to you all! Thank you for the well wishes for my pup. He is better now after the one day, thankfully. I am sure he is happy about it to, lol

Today I have a card that I was able to sneak in on Tuesday but did not get a chance to post (took me all day). When I made this paper tole flower I did something a bit different. It is fairly difficult to tell in the photo but what I did was cut the tips of the petals to the center and curled them to make a nice realistic dimension for the top- layer. I love stitching on paper so decided that this was a great card to take advantage of it. The hearts are actually two patterns that I put together to make them match the patterned paper. First I pierced them, then I stitched them using metallic thread. This is not the easiest thread to use, especially on vellum! It is so pretty and sparkly but I must say that embroidery floss is much easier to work with. Of course, I had to use my wonderful mini Janome machine, lol. My corners definitely need practice, all the more reason to use it tee he he.For the inside of the front cover I decided to keep to paper piercing. Not so much because the thread is a bit stubborn, but I was simply running out of time. Here you can see the incredible digi paper (you can click on the photo to get an even better view). I have been looking for some really nice vintage paper for what seemed like forever. I was thrilled when I found the perfect paper at Bearly Mine Designs . This particular set is called Peach Dreams. If you are a vintage paper lover, you owe it to yourself to pop on over and check out her paper packs!
I printed the paper on Glossy Text Weight Digital Paper from Paper Temptress. The front white layer is White Diamond also by Paper Temptress. This paper is absolutely stunning! You really need to see it in real life to truly "see" it. The vellum is also from Paper Temptress. Can you tell I have a love affair with her paper, LOL The paper tole rose has such a nice sheen to it, I wanted the inside leaves to have a gentle shimmer also. I pulled out my much neglected pearl-ex and rubbed a tiny amount on with my finger.
This is the entire inside of the card. I used the lovely Stampin' Up set Elegant Cheer. The card is quite thick and needed something to keep it closed. My fix was to add 2 silver eyelets and tie ribbon through them. (Commercial: Paper Temptress is clearing out her stunning ribbon at an incredible 40% off!!!)
I am thrilled that you took a little bit of your time to spend with me. I love the comments (don't we all, ha ha ha) Thank you so much for them. It is great to know what you all think and what you like to see. If there is something I do not touch on that you would like to know about, add a comment and I will try to post it for you (or email you).
{{{HUGS}}}

3 comments:

lisa808 said...

What an absolutely gorgeous card!!! The colors, stitching, and most of all the amazing flowers.

Donna said...

Gorgeous card Sandy, really love the flower on the front of the card.
the curling is really effective and I love the gold glitter on the edges of the petals, it's
a nice touch and the inside is just as pretty.
hugs
Donna xx

Darlene said...

This is so delicate and gorgeous! LOVE the stitching ... just beautiful!