Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Gold Embossed Birthday Card

Monday was my daughter's 26th birthday, but we are not going to have a get together until this Sunday. Since I am caught up with design team commitments for the week, I took yesterday to make a card just for her.

I used one of the paper tole images that I had previously put together for the card front. The paper I use to print digital paper on is called Pure White Gloss from Paper Temptress. This is text weight and adds such a subtle sheen to the paper. There is just enough so that the paper does not look flat yet it really isn't "shiny". It prints beautifully and dries almost instantly.



This is one of the no scissors required images. They are die cut and so very easy to remove. It also came preglittered so all I had to do was snip off (you can also use a sanding block) the little paper tabs that like to hang on just a bit. I did not shape the flowers this time, since they are on the small side. All I did was attach the layers with dimensionals and voila!

This is a view of the inside of the card front. Take a look at that paper! This is the digi paper that I purchased from Bearly Mine Designs. I think I am addicted to this paper, it is so lovely and prints up so well. The center flower is from the SU stamp set Dream a Little. I have not embossed for quite a while and forgot how much fun it is to watch the image pop as the powder melts, LOL.

I did cheat a little, or it felt like cheating, tee he he. I used some gold outline stickers to frame around the layers and for the the corners. I kept thinking what a tedious process it was to put them on, boring I guess you could say. They really add such a lovely touch though.

For the inside bottom, I printed up a much lighter paper to add a spot to write a personal note on.

I actually embossed the "Birthday Wishes" also. This sentiment is so lovely!!! It is part of the SU stamp set Elegant Cheer, which is very amply named. I love when I can make a card that can be graced by one of the sentiments from this set.

I am so glad you spent time with me today (YEAH...Wednesday, half way to Friday, tee he he). I would love for you to leave me a quick comment if you have the time. I know, it really does seem to take a bit of time. I am not as good at leaving them as I would like to be.

That makes me remember the time way long time ago when people would write a check at the register, LOL. Now if someone did (or even if I did) it would seem like forever, LOL

I am entering this card into the following challenges:
Lexi's Creations: Emboss it
Kah-Wink-e-Dink: Birthday Card
Papertake Weekly: 3, 2, 1  our choice.  I used 3 papers, 2 rubber stamps, 1 paper tole image
Donna's Den of Crafts: Decoupage/paper tole

{{{HUGS}}

4 comments:

Autumn said...

This is gorgeous! Your embossing is beautiful, I've never done that before, I love it! The challenge this week at Lexi's is embossing, you should join in!
Have a great day!
xxAutumn

Courtney said...

This is a beautiful card! Thanks for playing along with us this week at KWED. Good Luck!

~Courtney~
KWED DT

Lori said...

I am in love with this beauty, you have such patience to cut all those beautiful blooms so precisely, gorgeous, thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations this week. I have some yummy blogcandy at www.justsoducky.blogspot.com if you're interested!

Tracey said...

Beautiful card, love the decorated inside too - your daughter will love it :)

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x