Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Childs Birthday

A young child's card is one thing I have very few of (well...as of today I have 1, lol). The other kind of card I am desperately lacking are masculine cards. Today, I am sharing the 1 child card I have.
Wink Wink Ink makes these adorable images. I used the sets Teddy Bear Messages and Birthday Necessities. I decied on the precolored images for this card, since, as I said previously, my week have been super busy. All I did was add some dots and swirls. I thought a small child would like a 3D type card. I made the bear using 3 layers plus the sentiment.
Playing with the images in PSE is so much fun. I did not allow for the sentiment to bend when sizing it. To compensate, I used some toothpick that I cut into small pieces.

One thing I need to practice, which really should be very easy, is adding polka dots to images. Anyone have any tips?
To make the balloons shiny, I covered them with mod podge, not wanting to wait for crystal effects to dry, such a Sandy thing, bwaa ha ha.
My grandson will be 1 year old the end of December so I think I will save this for him. His favorite toy is a huge teddy bear that my daughter got years ago. It must be 4 feet tall, lol. He loves to climb on it, bounce on it (forget the Johny jump up!), cuddle with it, grab its fur and pull it, rub noses with it...you name it...this bear is his favorite play buddy. I think he will love this card, if I can hold on to it until then!

Have a super day, and please don't forget the blog candy! There is only 2 days left before the lucky winner is drawn :o) Good luck to everyone.

Hugs,

6 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

Wow Sandy! This is fabulous! What perfect images to use for this stair step card! Love it!

Anonymous said...

This is so adorable Sandy!! I love it!! Love the layers and so much detail put into this!! Fun creation!! TFS!

Tanya said...

Amazing card Sandy!!!!

lisa808 said...

Love it! Especially the Teddy layering and cake.

Darlene said...

WOW Sandy ... this is AMAZING!! It would take me a month of Sundays to create something like this!! Great job! I am looking forward to seeing more of your wonderful creations!

Lelia Pierce said...

Woot! This is so awesome, Sandy! You definitely rocked this card!

XXX