Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Relaxing With Lilies and Chipmunks

In front of my house, around the shrubs, I transplanted some lily of the valley. My husband would tell you it was a bad idea, but I love them. If you ever think of planting these in your yard or garden, do be aware that they "spread"!!! They really have taken up every inch around the shrubs that they can.

I love, love, love the smell of these lilies. They only bloom for a short while, but I enjoy every moment of it. We also have a little critter that lives under the front porch that loves to run around in the lily field.

Here he is sitting on the tire of my husbands jeep. He is soooooooo cute!!! I would never get a picture if he stayed in the lilies, so I am glad he gets brave every now and then! I really love chipmunks. I am not sure why, but they are my very favorite animal to watch.

Relaxing on my porch when the lily's are blooming, the chipmunk is rustling the leaves, the variety of birds singing away and a peaceful blue sky with a gentle breeze. Ahhhhhhhh....what is not to love.
Whenever I see a lily of the valley image, I grab it. This is the latest one I grabbed from Far Far Hill. It has a blurry look to it, so when I was editing the photo, my eyes would go "yikes", LOL.

The front panel built itself around the image and ended up being 6 3/4 x 5 1/2", sheesh. Since I don't have any 14" paper to make a card out of, I decided this would be perfect for an easel card.

Challenges I am entering this card into:
Pile it on: pile on the layers
Stampin for the weekend: shabby or vintage
Wild orchid: pearls & pins
Die cut dreams: Pearls & pins
Drunken Stampers: Serenity, how you like to relax

Have a great day! {{{HUGS}}}

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! Such a gorgeous creation!! I love it!! That little chippy is adorable!! TEE!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous entry for \DCD thanks
Chris x

Mummylade said...

This is absolutely lovely. I'm so glad you joined the DCD challenge this week and good luck!

Pamela said...

Beautiful easel card, thank you for joining us at Die Cut Dreams this week.

Pamela x

Kim said...

Sandy such a gorgeous card hun...and love the chipmunk photos too! So cute! Thanks for joining us at WOC!
Hugs~ Kim

Tracy said...

Gorgeous creation, thanks for joining Die Cut Dreams challenge, good luck.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Tracey said...

Stunning card! Love the squirrel photo too :)

Thanks for joining us at Stampin' for the Weekend & Good Luck!

Hugs
Tracey
x

Kianel said...

Gorgeous creation,
love from France, Kianel.