Friday, January 29, 2010

Another Dust Bunny

Oh My Gosh!!! I was in my craft room all day today and accomplished nothing :o( Not one thing I tried came out, at one point I even threw the whole thing away. There was just no salvaging the thing. I have had bad days crafting, but....by far this was the worst. Please tell me that I am not alone in this. That other crafts have worked for hours only to end up with nothing!
I did make a project last night that came out. I am so glad I had something new to look at today or I think my mojo would have been tossed with todays project, LOL.
If you read yesterdays post, you know that "Dust bunnies are our friends". Can I say that I love this stamp and sentiment from Wink Wink Ink. I did not think that just a card would suffice in reminding me (and my husband!!) of this revelation. So I made myself this as a daily reminder.
Dust bunny magnet 2

 I printed the stamp at 2 x 2", colored and then cut out to approximately 1 1/2 X 1 1/2".  I prepared the tumble tile by using some white acrylic paint, swirling the brush to make a pattern with the paint. I used Aleen's tacky glue to adhere the image to the tile when it was dry. I finished it off with 3 coats of glossy mod podge.
I added 4 small Magcraft Rare Earth Disk Magnets. I purchase these from Amazon here . The size I used are the 1/4 x 1/10 of an inch, which cost 10.39 for 50. I know that one of the slightly larger or 2 of this size would have been sufficient, but I wanted the magnet to have one on each corner. It really drives me crazy when I used a magnet only to have it cover the item because the "magnet" is in the middle. Know what I mean, LOL
Dust bunny magnet in useHere she is on my refrigerator holding up a very important item...coupons to Bertucci's, one of my all time favorite restaurants, tee he he Could there be a better item for her to hold up for me???
I truly hope your day has been a much better one than mine. I do, though, plan on having a much better day crafting tomorrow.
Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: