Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Quick, Simple and Fun

As paper crafters, we are always evolving. Learning new technique and how to use new tool. To expand our horizons by trying new styles and new to us ideas. On that note, I am getting quite used to the quick and simple cards. They were the hardest style for me to make not so long ago. Being an embellishment addict I would sometimes overload my projects! Now I suppose I am finding myself going in the opposite direction but hopefully to find a nice balance in the near future.

I made these 2 quick cards yesterday. This one is for the Clean & Simple sketch challenge this week.

Lilly quick & simple card

Lilly q&s card



















I really could not get away with no bling at all, lol. This beautiful shimmery paper is called White Diamond from Paper Temptress. The name describes the paper perfectly. The shimmer on this paper can not be hidden. I tried to get a photo of it showing through the copic coloring here. This elegant image and sentiment are from the Stampin' Up stamp set Abundant Hope which is available in the occasions mini currently out.

My next card I made from a sketch on Aly's Sunday Sketch challenge. If you have never been to Aly's, please stop by. Aly is a 11 year old crafter and she makes the cutest sketches that are fun to make.

Penquin skating Penquin skating close up Following her sketch exactly for this card you can see quite well what the sketch looks like. You can also click on the lind above. Is that not the cutest layout.

I really don't know why the photos come out so dark when uploaded to my blog. I am going to have to figure it out. This card is a good example of how dark they actually download. The white is such a vibrant white in real life.

If you click on the photos though, you can see how much better the cards look before downloading :o)

On a personal note...I am so excited I have to share...my son Patrick is flying into Boston this afternoon for his 2 week R&R from Iraq. So glad we get these 2 weeks with him in the middle of his tour. My other son who is in the USMC did not get an R&R mid tour. Today will be the first time Patrick will see his 3 week old nephew too. It is going to be a fun evening when the whole family gets together.

Thank you so much for stopping by. Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: