Saturday, January 16, 2010

Embarrassing Project

Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge this week is to make something on your project look broken then repaired. It is based on the Bible verse Hosea 6:1 'Come, let us return to the Lord. he has torn us to pieces but he will heal us: He has injured us but he will bind up our wounds."

When I read this challenge, I knew I had the perfect image. What I thought would come out so pretty actually is quite embarrassing, LOL. I am going to use it any {{{blush}}} because the image is what actually matches the challenge.

Sister in Christ

I used glossy white paper and alcohol inks to make the background paper. It is supposed to represent the glow that radiates off of us as we are closest to the Lord, as in prayer. (probably should have used silver instead of gold) Then the darkness becomes more apparent as the glow enters the darkness surrounding her. Eventually overshadowing the glow, but not completely overtaking it. When we make partition to the Lord for the brethren or the lost, our prayer goes out as a light into the darkness and can not be over taken since it belongs to the Lord.

The image is a good representation of a person broken unto salvation and put back together by our merciful God. When this happens, we begin to bare the fruit of the Spirit, the first of which is Love. It is this love that brings us to our knees for the lost, the hurting, the needy, the oppressed, etc. This very same love brings us the desire to be ever closer to the Lord, which happens when we pray also.

Sister in Christ close upHere is a close up of the "broken" women.  When she was put back together by the Lord, her feet began a new walk. From the scar the vines that bare the fruit emerge...here showing the fruit of love.

I do believe that the image represents a lovely image of a child of Christ. The part that I find a bit embarrassing is the background. I am using it anyway because of the very reason for the challenge. I am going to put my pride aside and use it as the Lord placed on my heart the instant I read the challenge. I do believe it was He, since I would have gone through all my images before deciding with one to use.

I hope, that is some how speaks to someone as it spoke to me.

If you have a chance, you can click on the link and see the many challenges that Stampin' Sisters in Christ have had. Perhaps a past one will speak to you too.

Thank you for stopping by today.....hugs, Sandy O

Thank you for stopping by.

No comments: