Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Wink" It's Tea Time

I made a really fun project this morning and decided to share it today instead of what I had planned to do.
I have really fallen in love with the *Wink *Wink Ink digital images. I never thought I would use digital stamps...but as the saying goes, never say never.
She has the cutest tea cup chihuahua I have ever seen. Since I own 2 chihuahuas, I simply had to get it! That is the image I used today.
Dog tea box front tilted Dog tea box top distance Isn't he just the cutest thing ever!
I did have a bit of trouble coloring him with my copic markers since 2 of the colors I was using ran out of ink .
How horrible is that!? Since they are fairly new still, I don't have any re-inkers. YIKES!!! That was one of the first things I did this morning...find a good Copic dealer.
The box I used here is the egg box from Papertrey ink. If you have never been to the site before, make sure to click on the link and check it out. She has a bunch of fantastic stuff.
The piercing template is from Fred She Said paper pricking digital images. These are so easy. Once I got the image to the size I wanted, I printed it out on kraft paper. This made a template that I can use over and over, for a project this size anyway. 
After printing, and before cutting, I taped the edges to a sheet of  Paper Temptress shimmer card stock. I did the piercing through both sheets...then cut the template and paper at the same time. After attaching it to the box lid, I attached the image using more dimensionals (the image head and hands are double layered using dimensionals)
The rest of the project was really easy. Using the shimmer text weight paper this time, I cut strips for the sides.  After adhering them with Aileen's tacky glue, I attached the ribbon, flower and flower jewel.
Dog tea box side tilt Isn't it pretty. I love the shimmer that comes from the paper. Would you like to see the inside?
OK... Dog tea box open
I got these herbal tea samplers when I got my Zarafina tea maker.
They fit perfect in the box. There is also a tea steeper and some packages of honey in there.  
I don't even know who I am going to give this to. Whenever I need a quick gift for a women, I will now have one ready.
hmmm...I just noticed it is snowing just a bit outside. I think it is the perfect time for a cup of green tea, YUM!
Thank you for coming by and visiting with me today. Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: