Saturday, February 20, 2010

Iris Fold

I love the look of Iris Folding and finally decided to try my hand at it. Here is my first attempt.
FSS Iris fold
The paper I chose to use is digital paper from Fred She Said called Tie Dyed Cherry Blossoms. I printed out 5 colors, which the pattern idicated I needed.
The flower in the center is one of the cherry blossoms that you can purchase as either pre-colored or black and white.
FSS Iris fold CUThe iris folding is really quite easy and fast. It is the preperation that takes the longest.
U-tube videos with instructions, each with their own tips and tricks:
How to do Iris Folding
Iris Folding Heart
Iris Folding 101
How to do Iris Folding
Sites with free patterns
Simplicity of Iris Folding: simple basic geometric shapes, a few more complicated shapes and some downloadable paper to print
Handcrafted Greeting: Instructions, free patterns under the "patterns & instructions" link
Iris Folding Patterns
Craft.brod.org.uk:  Instuctions, free templates, directions to make your own templates
Clip Arts and Crafts:  Interesting background pattern for your iris fold circle
Patterns to purchase
Simplicity of Iris Folding:  books
Creative Papercrafts:  brass templates which include the paper folding diagram and complete instructions
Iris Folding Patterns:  patterns on CD. Has a link to reverse iris folding on the bottom of the page. Really neat!
Tea-tastic:  click on "place order" in right side bar to purchase
Dandee Images:  pre-cut white cards (not sure if the paper folding pattern comes with them) Pattern books lower on page.
I plan on practing this technique often. I hope you do too.
Hugs, Sandy O
Comments from before moving to blogger This is gorgeous Sandy. Something I haven't tried yet either. You did a fantastic job!! Posted by: Ellie | February 22, 2010 at 05:35 PM

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi there, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am
too delighted to share my knowledge here with mates.


Feel free to surf to my weblog Air Jordan Pas Cher