Thursday, February 18, 2010

Quick and Easy Cards

Today my post is going to be a quick and easy as the cards I have to share with you, LOL These 2 cards probably took me 1/2 hour each, but...that is because I do not start a project with a complete idea in mind. Usually I have an image, embellishment or color I want to use. I started these cards knowing what I wanted to use for my focal points. The rest came as searched out colors, embellishments, shape, etc. If you were to make one though, it most likely would not take you more than 10 minutes!

Kinkade


I made this card using a Thomas Kinkade postcard. Here is a side view: Kinkade CU

I cut the postcard using my nestabilities. Being a Thomas Kinkade image, just about any color paper would have worked as the framing layer. It really all depends on what part of the photo you want to bring out the most.

The color I chose softened the image. The white, which is White Diamond from the Paper Temptress brought out the haze and light peeking through trees. Outlining the image with my Krylon 18kt gold marker caused the light and the golden hints in the flowers show up better. Adding the pale pink pearls also helped to bring out more of the color in the flowers.

As you can see, I popped up 2 of the layers with pop dots which gave just the right dimension. I attached the charm with cord I ran through 2 holes I made with my paper piercer adhering the cord in the back with tape.

Sticker flowers quickyFor this second card I used a sticker for the focal point. It is a 3-D sticker I have had for well over a year. I added a ribbon by wrapping it around the pot, making the bow separate and adhering with glue dots. Sticker flowers quicky CU

Deciding that the sticker needed some bling, I used my glue pen to add some glitter.

I decided to frame it with some paper piercing, which I love to add to floral images. The piercing is really very quick once you have the template in place. I use doto removable tape to hold the template so it does not slip from position.

I chose 2 colors in the flowers that I wanted to use for my layers and just rounded the corners with a punch. As it happened, I also had the same color gems in my gem, pearls and charms drawer.

Both of these cards are so quick and perfect for those last minute cards you may suddenly need. Best of all, they can fit with just about any occasion. 

What are some of your favorite ways to make quick and simple cards?  I would love to know.

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger The flowers looks beautiful. Posted by: underground hypnosis | March 12, 2010 at 12:25 AM Wowza! Beautiful work! Posted by: Marlene | February 22, 2010 at 02:29 PM OMG, Sandy these are fantastic. I love Thomas Kinkade and what a fantastic idea to use a postcard in your handmade creation. The flower sticker in your second cards looks stunning. So detailed and realistic!! Posted by: Ellie | February 18, 2010 at 10:44 PM These are both GORGEOUS!!! Love the vibrant color of the pansy bouquet yet the softness of the Kinkade image is very soft & soothing! Fantastic!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) | February 18, 2010 at 05:36 PM

No comments: