Monday, February 8, 2010

Under The Sea

WWI Mermaid tilted

Just click on the photo to see details better :o)

Isn't she the cutest and prettiest mermaid. Lookie at the adorable girlfriend she has. This is one of the newest digital stamp from Wink Wink Ink. I know I show Melanie's stamps often, but I am not on her design team. Actually, she has her first design team call going on right now. You can apply until February 20th.

One of the things I love about this image is the easy in adding bling! Yes, I am a bling alcoholic. She is fun to color too. I cut out another sea horse and the 2 shells on the bottom to layer them. To me they look closer to the viewer than the mermaid and her friend, so popping them up seemed appropriate.

WWI Mermaid CU The corners of the card are actually made from cleaned and dyed fish scales. I know...sounds gross, but they really are pretty and very sturdy. The scales are very thin but do not break. Some of them are curves making it a bit tricky to glue on. I used Aleen's clear tacky glue, this adhesive works very well on just about anything. To fill in the areas between the shells, I added glue with my glue pen and sprinkled glitter on it.

I bought the scales at an Egg Convention last spring. Yes, they really decorate empty and sterilized eggs! All kinds too. How fun it was. I learned a lot about decorating eggs  and making tiny, tiny flowers. You can see one of my first eggs here and my first flowers in my post here. These flowers are lily of the valley and I am currently working on some dogwoods. Both are my favorite flowers since I could never choose between the two.

I digress, so back to under the sea. Here is the completed card:

 

 

WWI Mermaid


As always, you can click on any of the photos to see more detail if you would like.

I would love to hear what you think, so leave me a comment, OK, they really make my day! I am off to check out some other blogs and leave them some fun "mail" :o)

Have a really great Monday. Hugs, Sandy O


 

Comments from before moving to blogger SO ADORABLE!!! LOVE the added bling and of course those fish scales ... who would have thought to use fish scales on a card ... Why YOU of course! This is totally awesome Sandy ... and your coloring is perfect! GREAT, great job!!! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) | February 09, 2010 at 09:32 AM I don't think I have gotten past the fish scales yet. I'm not particularly squeamish but don't know if I could craft with fish scales...no mater how wonderful a card I could produce and you have a beauty! Love the little sea horses' bubbles and your coloring is wonderful. Posted by: Lori | February 08, 2010 at 05:51 PM Sandi, Fantastic coloring job! She makes a cute blond! LOL Love all your special little touches and bling too! Fish scales! LOL Can't believe the amazing ideas you come up with! Love it! ;o) Posted by: Melanie Montes de Oca | February 08, 2010 at 12:46 PM Oh wow!! This is just gorgeous!! I love how you've colored her in and all the accents make it so awesome!! TFS! HUGS Posted by: *Vicki* | February 08, 2010 at 11:18 AM Real fish scales...? I have to say this is one of the most unusual things I've seen used on a card. The colors are lovely, though, and coordinate beautifully with your design. Posted by: Judi M | February 08, 2010 at 10:40 AM

1 comment:

Lelia Pierce said...

Very cool, Sandy! These are the perfect little embellie for this image! :O)

XXX