Thursday, February 25, 2010

Digital Stamp Calendar

Not to long ago I purchased a blank digital calendar from D.A.I.S.I.E. Company. This calendar came in a wonderful package with both the .jpg and .png files. Though it is the 2nd month of the year, I wanted to make a calendar to keep in my craft room. I spend a lot of time in there and it is so easy to forget what day it is, LOL

I did start this project previously, having printed it out about 3 weeks ago. Yesterday I finally finished it and can hardly wait to hang it in my room. Now there will be no reason for any project to feel neglected for 3 weeks!

I used the Wink Wink Ink images for this calendar. Not only are they adorable, she has a big enough variety of images to use  for the 12 months. The images come with one each .jpg and .png as well as a colored image. I chose to use colored images for the cover and August (why just August? Phhhhh, IIIIIII'daknow, LOL) The rest of the calendar I used the transparent images in the .png format and colored with my copics.

Www cover

This is the cover of the calendar. You can can click on the photo to get a better look at the colored images. I used my Bind-it-all so that the pages will move freely when changing the month. I chose the larger eyelets because they had a bigger hole for hanging. You can always use the smaller eyelets to strengthen the paper for hanging, since the larger ones do make the calendar more bulky.

Here are photos of each month. Again, you can click on any photo to see more detail.

Www Jaunary Www February





 


 


Www March Www April





 



 

Www May


Www June





 


 



Www July Www August





 


 

Www September Www October





 



 

Www November Www December





   




Aren't those images perfect for this project! And they were really fast to color since they are so small. Due to the lighting, the grid of the calendar looks like it did not print out properly in some areas. This is just an illusion, LOL. In real life the grid printed out beautifully.

I am using this project for this weeks challenge, #27, on Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge , which is based on the scripture Esther 4:14:

“For if you remain silent at this time, relief and deliverance for the Jews will arise from another place, but you and your father’s family will perish. And who knows but that you have come to royal position for such a time as this?"

The challenge is to make something using a time piece or something denoting time or the passage of time. What a perfect time {{[wink}}} to finish this fun project.

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to Blogger Nothing better that making a calendar to denote time. :-) I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC. Posted by: Randi | February 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM This is great! Thanks for playing along with us at SSCC! :) Posted by: Pamela Young | February 27, 2010 at 12:05 AM Aw... I am so honored that you chose WWI images to look at every day of the year! LOL Such a great project and you are such a sweetie too. ;o) ((((Hugs)))) Melanie Posted by: Melanie Montes de Oca | February 26, 2010 at 12:46 PM Wow! What a creative idea and a great way to use Wink Wink Ink digital images! Love it! Posted by: Amy Johnson | February 26, 2010 at 09:52 AM This is such a beautiful calendar, Sandy! What a great idea! I love it!!! Posted by: Rachael | February 25, 2010 at 09:37 PM WOW! This turned out fabulous!! I love it!! I hope you got the help you needed with this! HUGS Posted by: *Vicki* | February 25, 2010 at 05:08 PM WOW ... this is AWESOME lady!! What a great idea and how cute! Aren't you the clever one!!! Way to go and thanks for sharing! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) | February 25, 2010 at 05:01 PM

No comments: