Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Iris Folding With Ribbon and Paper Pricking

My wonderful boys (men really) bought me an iPod for Christmas. I had been wanting one, but once I had it what was I to do with it? My son Peter showed me how to get the music onto it by adding one of my favorite Cd's. Certainly looked easy enough!

Finally, yesterday I listened to it with the tiny little earphones. My Gosh, how do they get music to sound so good with these itty bitty things? Not only that, I could still hear what was going on around the house!

Of course, this morning I had to add all of my CD's but I was missing some. Did you know you can buy songs and download them right onto the iPod. Then...you can burn it onto a CD for safe keeping. This, I must add, is VERY dangerous, LOL. I now have loads of songs on this cute little device and will no longer be crafting in silence.

Why do I bring this up? Well...Yesterday while I listened to it for the first time, I finished a card I started a while ago.  Two things I have been putting off crossed off my inner list in one day, YEAH!

I tried Iris Folding for the first time a couple of weeks ago using paper I printed from Fred She Said digital paper. You can see it in my post here. Iris Folding certainly is very pretty, even with digital paper, but I could not help but wonder what it would look like with shiny ribbon!

Ribbon Iris Fold Outside
Now, can it be called Iris Folding when there is not folding, LOL, even though the iris is still there? It certainly did come out pretty and shiny. The ribbon is from Papertrey Ink, which I believe is the best, prettiest and most affordable ribbon on line. I did not have 4 colors of the polka dot ribbon so decided the white would work fine. What do you think?

What took so long for me to make the actual card after doing the Iris Folding is that I did not know what to do with the wide white boarded. It looked to plain even though I used the very pretty and shimmery White Diamond paper from the Paper Temptress.

Took me a few days, but it finally occurred to me to partner 2 of the new techniques I has recently learned, Iris Folding and Paper Pricking. This paper pricking pattern is from Angels Landing.

Ribbon Iris Fold inside Here is the inside of the card where I wanted to bring the paper pricking for continuity.  I was able to use the exact same template. To finish it up I added the flower to the bottom.

I would love to know what you think of this partnership!

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to Blogger I really love it!! So elegant looking! Posted by: Jeannie | March 02, 2010 at 02:18 PM

No comments: