Friday, March 12, 2010

Paper Stitching and Paper Piercing/Pricking

Stitched butterfly w pp from L
I was up to some challenges this week so I searched though all my bookmarked challenge sites. It really is quite interesting to see all the unique challenges as well as the paper crafters take on them. Among all the unique challenges, I did find 5 challenges that I could use just one card for.

Here are the challenges I am using this card for:

Pile it on: One color and a neutral

Crazy 4 challenges: Paper piercing

One stop craft challenge: Sew simple

Stampin' B's designs: Spring or Easter

Splitcoast stampers: Ways to use it challenge WT261, to use something that is new to you

Here is the complete card:

Stitched butterfly w ppThe piercing pattern is from Fred She Said and the butterfly pattern is from Stitching Cards. Combined they really look stunning. To compliment the sheen of the embroidery floss, I used Paper Temptress White Diamond (you will find this under the "drop dead gorgeous" category) and Mountain Rose Glimmer paper. I love how the Mountain Rose peeks just a bit through the paper piercing.

For my something new that I needed to use for the Splitcoast Stamper challenge, I used the Stampin' Up Beautiful Wings embosslit die. This fantastic die has been on back order and I finally received mine this week! I absolutely love it!

 Stitched butterfly w pp inside
Stitched butterfly w pp inside butterfly 













Once run through my big shot I was able to layer 3 of the smallest butterflies for a pretty embellishment inside the card.

I hope this week has encouraged you to try something new or to think a bit outside your comfort zone. It took me a while, but I am loving all these new techniques, projects and site that I have been sharing with you. I know you will love the new, too!

Hugs, Sandy O
 


 

Comments from before moving to Blogger Wow, very pretty!!! Thanks so much for playing along with PIO. Trish Posted by: Trish | March 18, 2010 at 03:05 PM Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for playing with the Stampin B's! Posted by: vicki dutcher | March 16, 2010 at 10:00 PM Very pretty! And thank you for your comment on my blog. The image I used from Mo's is called Angel Michael. If you do even a general search on the web site for her stuff and type in 'angel' it should pop up on the page. HTH. Have a great Sunday!!! Posted by: peggysue | March 14, 2010 at 05:46 PM Wow! Beyond gorgeous!!! Posted by: lisa808 | March 13, 2010 at 10:13 AM So absolutely beautiful! Love the pretty, soft colors :) Thanks for piling it on with us! Posted by: Andrea M | March 12, 2010 at 09:05 PM Your blog is very inspiring. Your butterfly card you posted on SplitCoastStamper is amazing. Thank you for directing me here. ~Just Jo Posted by: Just Jo | March 12, 2010 at 04:58 PM

No comments: