Thursday, March 4, 2010

Making Stickers With Digital Stamps

Sticker set all stickers When my kids were little, they absolutely LOVED to have band-aids on. I noticed, while walking down the "band-aid" isle the other day, it appears they now sell band-aids just for that purpose, LOL  

When the kids got a bit older, the boys seemed to still like band-aids because they made sure they always had at least one scrap or cut to be covered. My daughter graduated to stickers though. She LOVED any little picture that was sticky on one side. She also loved them everywhere, even on the furniture, sigh. Raise you hand if you have a child who has made a sticker display out of an unapproved piece of furniture or wall!

As I reminisced, the thought occurred to me that I could make some stickers with the most adorable squirrels and rabbits I know, the Digital Stamp Oasis images.

Sticker set close up inside book  Look at all those stickers I made out of one sheet of adhesive paper I bought from Papertrey Ink. I was able to create 5 of the images in 2 sizes. You can click on any of the photos to enlarge them and see more detail.

Not only are they cute and fun stickers, but the little girl can color and personalize them herself. How fun is THAT!

Once she is finished coloring and showing off her masterpieces to her parents, where will she put them? She really needs a place to keep them other than the walls or furniture, lol. Something made just for the stickers so she can look at them whenever she wants to.

I decided to make a sticker book keep her stickers. I also covered a colored pencil box to match the book so she would have something to color the stickers with. You can see a bit of the inside of the book in the previous pictures. Also, you will notice that I colored one of the images to be the very first one in the book. Here are some pictures of the sticker book set.

Now all I need to do is decide who to give this fun set to, LOL. Hugs, Sandy O

Sticker set inside

Sticker set pencils open

 

 
  







Sticker set

Comments from before switching to Blogger love this! Great Idea Posted by: Heidi | March 05, 2010 at 02:08 PM WOW what a fantastic idea! You've done an AWESOME job ... what little kid wouldn't like having this kit of their very own!!! WELL DONE! Posted by: Darlene (akronstamperdpk) | March 05, 2010 at 09:27 AM Oh Sandy...these are great!! I love reading your posts!! I have tried to email you a couple times...not sure if you are not getting them? Just want to see how you are doing!! Talk soon! Posted by: sarah coyle | March 05, 2010 at 06:56 AM Raising my hand here...I have one that loves to displays stickers everyone in the house! Sandy I agree with the above poster, you always come up with so fun ideas! I need to make some, the kids love daddy's drawings and while I don't have any sticky paper I have a small xyron that I can run them through. How fun!! Posted by: Ellie | March 04, 2010 at 11:07 PM Sooooo cute! I Love, love, LOVE it! You are so creative! ;o) Posted by: Melanie Montes de Oca | March 04, 2010 at 10:08 PM Sandy, You always come up with really neat ideas!!! And you make them all so well :) GREAT JOB! Posted by: Shauna | March 04, 2010 at 07:56 PM

No comments: