Monday, March 15, 2010

Just For The Girls

Yesterday I showed you a card I made just for the boys. Today I have a card just for the girls.
WWI Flying HorseIsn't she precious. Her name is  Beauty, which is a perfect name for her. She is among the new images from Wink Wink Ink . With the purchase, you receive 3 files each for 3 images, the horse, wings and a horn. With the 3, you can mix and match to make many different images out of one purchase! I say among because Melanie is turning out new images faster than I can make cards!
Here I merged the wing twice to give the look of her just landing, kicking up a bit of the glitter dust with her front paws. I added glitter by applying my glue pen to areas I wanted the glitter. This works wonderfully to add glitter or embossing powder to a digital image.
WWI Flying Horse CU
TIPS: I have a couple of tips to offer when applying glitter/embossing powder this way. First, only do small areas at a time so the glue does not start to dry. For this card, I did the  mane, wing, tail, feet and ground all separate. Second, I found that when rubbing the glue pen back and forth over the ink, the glue will start removing the ink. It is best to just go over the area once if possible.
I added these tiny...actually, itty bitty star shaped gems also, to dress her up a bit. She is a girlie girl after all, LOL
WWI Flying Horse charm
She has a sweet little charm friend I added to the bottom with some really pretty shimmering cord. I wish I could remember where I purchased it. It is so pretty, I would love to get more. Do you have anything like that? It is a sad case isn't it!
The paper is from Paper Temptress. If you have not seen her paper yet, you certainly are missing out on some of the most beautiful paper I have seen. So many shimmery, sparkly, metallic lines of paper. If you are not so much into bling...she has plenty for you too.


WWI Flying Horse inside_edited-1
 I kept the inside simple. The sentiment says "May all your wishes come true". Doesn't that go perfect with the image!
I am using this card for once challenge. One Stop Craft Challenge this week is to "let it shine". You still have time to join the fun, just click on the link and you will be brought right to this weeks challenge. Good luck!
Hugs, Sandy O



Comments from before moving to Blogger This is wonderful. Thanks for joining in with this weeks oscc. Hugs Shelley xx Posted by: Shelley | March 26, 2010 at 05:14 PM wow that is just amazing! love the bling!! I really liked the man card too!! I check your blog every time i see you updated...sorry I don't always post a comment...your work is great and I look forward to seeing the new stuff you do!! Posted by: sarah coyle | March 25, 2010 at 05:44 PM This is gorgeous! What a pretty image and it looks wonderful with all the glitter. Thanks for joining us at the OSCC. Sharon xx Posted by: Sharon | March 25, 2010 at 04:01 PM Wow this is gorgeous!!! As for the top note die piercing pattern I use Photoshop. All I do is highlight the pattern with the lasso tool, copy and paste. When I print it out it's already perfectly sized. If you need help just let me know. Posted by: Shelly | March 25, 2010 at 03:58 PM

No comments: