Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Paper Tole Bunnies

I have a super quick post today, but quite a few pictures, since I am sitting my grandson. As a three month old, he will only occupy himself for so long, LOL.

I made this card for 7 challenges! WOW, that is truly a record for me. With each photo I will post which challenge that aspect of the card is for.

Easter Tole Side view Paper Tole is making the same image 2 or more times, cutting out sections from all but one layer. Then using the sections you cut to POP over the top layer. Clear??? For example the butterfly on the right is 3 layers. The bottom layer is the complete butterfly. The second layer is the right wings only adhered with demensionals. The third layer is the top right wing only, also adhered with dimensionals.

I hope that makes sense to you. Paper Tole was one of my favorite techniques before I new the name for it. The cutting and coloring is quite relaxing for me. Well...that is if my doxie doesn't start barking out to the blue and I end up cutting off something I did not plan to!

This image was a difficult one for me to work with. It is from the retired Stampin' Up set called The Gifts Of Spring. It is detailed enough so that the bunnies were hard to cut out. If you have never made a paper tole before, it would be best to use a simpler image, such as the ones I used here, to practice.

Stampin' Sisters In Christ Challenge

Drunken Stampers

Easter Tole CU Animals. Aren't bunnies the cutest of them. I would not mind owning one, but I am not sure they should be penned up. Plus, I have a doxie that would love such a fun squeaky chew toy :o(

The sponsor for this challenge is a new stamp store called 2 Cute Rubber Stamps. As the name suggests, she carries rubber stamps as well as digitals. I so much wanted to use one of the cutest images of hers called Sting Ray Kids since I already own it. I just was not sure if a sting ray would be considered an animal.

Pile It On

Easter. The sight of hibernating animals coming out of their dens reminds me of the new life Christ gave us as he rose from the grave Easter morning.

Corrosive Challenge

Easter Tole inside

The Splitcoast Stampers Challenge for Monday (TLC266), which is try a new technique, was called Inside Out. The challenge was to decorate the inside also.

If you have been following my blog, you will know that this is something I started to do recently. What perfect timing for this challenge.

Splitcoast Stamps TLC266 challenge

Pastels. I used purple and pink pastels for this card.

The Pink Elephant

Easter Tole inside CU

I also wanted to show you that I stamped the image as a watermark where the writing would go.

Easter ToleThe complete front of the card was made using the sketch from Crazy 4 Challenges for their C4C30 challenge.

You can see the sketch by following the link above.

By following the links above, you may find some fun challenge sites that are new to you. How fun!

Perfect timing, Camden is just starting to stir :o)

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Wow, you're something of an expert at this technique! Very nicely done! Posted by: CuddlyBunny April 05, 2010 at 11:53 AM How beautiful is this.Thanks for playing with us at Corrosive Challenges Posted by: Joan Ottevanger April 02, 2010 at 12:14 PM WOW! Beautiful job with this paper tole technique!! Love those bunnies and your whole card, inside and out is so PRETTY! Great job! Thanks for playing along with us at Stampin Sisters in Christ challenges *Ü* Posted by: kristine April 01, 2010 at 11:43 AM Your card is very pretty, love the image! Hugs Silke Posted by: Silli April 01, 2010 at 06:48 AM This is just beautiful Sandy. I have this set too, love those bunnies but haven't used them in a while. I keep forgetting about my rubber stamps. Posted by: Ellie March 31, 2010 at 09:23 PM nice card. cute bunnies Posted by: Yogi March 31, 2010 at 10:01 AM This is gorgeous and just perfectly done! Thank you so much for livin' it up with the Drunken Stampers! Posted by: Linda Elle March 30, 2010 at 11:17 PM Beautiful card and you definitely nailed tole on your card ! Thank you for joining us on Drunken Stampers this week ! Posted by: Donna C March 30, 2010 at 08:27 PM What a beautiful card. I love those bunnies.Thanks for joining us at Pile It On. Posted by: Audrey March 30, 2010 at 06:44 PM adorable..just love the bunnies!! tfs in the DS's 3-challenge..lovves ya Posted by: Gail March 30, 2010 at 03:20 PM

No comments: