Sunday, March 28, 2010

Stained Glass Butterflies

I made this "hybrid" card using the pre-colored image from Fred She Said. I always have a hard time choosing what to make when I want to use one of her images. The variety is awesome. FSS digital files to choose from are images to color, per-colored images for decoupage, paper to match, tea bag squares, paper piercing, individual files as well as kits that save you money.

Not only do her kits save you money, she has always has 10% off $10+ and 20% off $20+. It is so easy to spend at least $10.00 since she is continually putting up new items to purchase. For those who would like to try them first, she offers a great selection of freebies too.

FSS has just started a monthly challenge on the Fred She Said Challenge Blog. This month the challenge was to have 3 hearts on your project. I made it just under the wire, as the Challenge ends today. Make sure to check out the site tomorrow for the new challenge :o)

Stained glass CUI spent many days trying to pick one of the FSS images I have to use for this challenge. After looking at this one many time, I suddenly noticed that the butterflies had hearts on them! Don't have any idea what took me so long to notice that.

Yesterday I printed it out and set my sights on making a card for the challenge.

Using my glue pen, I embossed the colored areas with clear embossing powder. If you click on the picture, you will be able to see the embossing better.

Stained glass bow CU I am not sure if you can see the details in the photo, as I can since I know what it looks like in real life. It is cut so that the ends look like butterfly wings. It actually came out better than I expected with this lace. It really is only the "<" cut, which I do not know the official name for, LOL. It was just a matter to puffing the ends just right so they would lay properly.

Stained glass inside CU This butterfly, which is on the inside of the card, pops open when the card is opened. I attached one butterfly to the black paper. I then took 2 butterflies, folded in half and attached one to each of the wings. I added the small butterfly on top to help cover up the center where the wings meet.

Stained glass inside The sentiment is from the Stampin' Up set Nature Silhouettes, which I thought was perfect for this card.

Of course, you can't have to many butterflies :o)

Here is the complete front of the card.

Stained glassI have a really cute project which can be made and given for a nice little Easter gift. I made it using the Ink Jet Shrink Paper. If you were wondering whether or not it is worth the $, I'll show you how it worked for me.

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger

Just beautiful Sandy!! You always have the greatest ideas. The embossed colored areas look fantastic! Posted by: Ellie March 29, 2010 at 08:57 AM What a totally beutiful card! Thanks for playing with us at Fred She Said!HugsCarol

No comments: