Saturday, February 6, 2010

Pocket Handbag and Paper Stitching

I am so much looking forward to spring. The sun, fresh spring air after the rain, birds and flowers. When I saw the SCS challenge last Monday to make a Pocket Handbag, that is what I thought of, spring. I thought the perfect stamp for the tote is the cutest squirrel stamp from Digital Stamp Oasis called Susie Watering Flowers.

The template for the handbag is given in the post here. It is a free template made by the incredible Mel M. M. that she has on her blog Mel Stampz.

Garden squirrel tote CU

Garden squirrel totd









You can click on the photos to get a better look at Susie, How cute she is...look at those feet, LOL. I just want to reach out and pet them, tee he he They remind my of my doxies feet so cute and fluffy.  and how about that hat, so precious to keep her eyes shaded, ha ha ha

The tiny flower pots you see fit perfect in the tote along with some mini gardening tools I had. Wouldn't this be the cutest gift to give a little girl "just because". How about a Mom to keep the flowers on her kitchen window sill. I bet she would like it better than the dandelions she had there when you were little, ha ha ha

Now for the something new. I happened upon some paper stitching sites while searching for paper piercing patterns. This pattern I found on Stitching Cards. Like so many other companies with digital images, they have some you can try for free. I chose this one because it seemed like the easiest to do, perfect for my first.

Stitched butterfly Stitched butterfly CU









When I went shopping for the floss, I forgot the needle. They suggest a #10 embroidery needle, but since I did not have one, I used a sewing needle. I am sure the holes would have been smaller had I had the proper needle.

I hope this encourages you to try something new. It really give a sense of satisfaction that only a new technique can give.

Have a great Sunday.

Hugs, Sandy O

Comments from before moving to blogger This is SO gorgeous Sandy! It makes me SO happy it's spring. I love what you're creating with all of these super sweet images. Complete Gorgeousness! Hugs, :o) Mel Posted by: Mel M | April 21, 2010 at 07:39 AM These are beautiful Sandy. Love the bag, such a cute cute idea!! And your coloring is fantastic. And wow, that stitched butterfly on your second project is just amazing. Posted by: Ellie | February 06, 2010 at 04:57 PM

No comments: