Friday, February 13, 2009

Artist Canvas and More Candy Added :o)

Do you go to the big box craft stores? Depending on what I am looking for, I do stop in with coupon in hand.  One of my favorite things to get with the coupon is Zyron cartridges.  Just last week, I found out that my rather large stockpile of them were the wrong kind! Can you imagine, YIKES! Instead of 6 permanent cartridges, I have 6 one sided laminate! OUCH...I would have to make tones of something....I'm not even sure what yet, LOL, to used all of that up!

So off I went with my coupons to get a correct cartridge, a Prisma blender marker, a Staz-on stone gray refill and some fun stuff to add to the contest prize. I did find a cartridge for my 250 Zyron, but they were all out of the 510 cartridges that I wanted! Do you think everyone found out they have the wrong ones too??? HA! Then I would not feel so silly, teehehe. I got my wonderful Prisma blender marker...so glad they had that! And I found something to add to the prize that was way to much fun not to get one for myself.

115 

Is this not the cutest artist canvas and easel you have ever seen? The canvas is all of 2 1/2" square.  They had some other sizes also, 1 1/2" square and 2 1/2 x 1 1/2" rectangle, being my best guesstimate. Soooo adorable. I had to get one for the prize. The 2 1/2" one seemed just perfect.

They do need to be primed, so I purchased the primer and primed it for you! All you have to do is stamp and color. HOW FUN!

A hint for you is to turn it over and fill in the hollow part like this:

113Here I used paper towels, which I found out is layered with air that is forced out when I stamped. I can now tell you that if you choose to used paper towels, put in more than you think you will need...kind of overflow it, LOL.  When you flip it over to stamp, give a little push in the middle to make sure it is firm enough.  Mine was not quite there, so the center of my image is not as crisp. She still came out pretty good, though.  Another item you can use is a mounted stamp or acrylic block that fits into that area but is not tall enough to create a bulge.

I would also recommend using an ink like staz-on which will not bleed.

Here I used my prisma color pencils blended with OMS. Oh My Gosh...it could not have been more fun! If you decided to use these, I recommend that you choose colors one or two shades darker than you want it. The colors really flow on the canvas and tend to get picked up by the blender.

One more tip...Choose an image that is not to details.  The canvas, even after priming, is textured so details could get lost.

You can find the recipe for this in the Altered Media album.

Onto the contest! If this is your first time hearing about it, you can read about it in this post >>>> Contest<<<<<Here is a picture of the alterable items I am putting in.

133 

How fun are those little shopping bags, LOL.  Here is a list of what is here:

(2) small shopping bags, made of very heavy card stock, 3 x 2 1/2  x 1  3/4"

1 each:

Artist canvas, 2 1/2" sq, already primed for you

Easel for the canvas

Wooden picture frame 7 3/4 x5 3/4, photo area 5 1/2 x 3 5/8"

Magnetic tin w/window, filled with goodies to use on other projects

Pkg or small round mirrors, 25 pieces, assortment of 1/2, 3/4 and 1" circles

Bandaid tin

All this will be included with all the items pictured/listed in yesterday's post. AND...don't forget the 5 Dog Gone Stamps I have not posted yet! The winner is going to receive an amazing box in the mail.

So Make sure to leave a comment, SHARE THE EXCITEMENT and come back tomorrow.

Thank you for stopping by...I really do love reading your comment, they brighten my dreary NH winter days :o)

Have a great day...HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: