Thursday, February 5, 2009

There Dog Gone Great!

Boy....do I have a treat for you today!. For those of you who have not seen these incredible stamps yet, you are in for a treat.

Today I want to introduce to you Dog Gone Stamps. This is a Mother and Son team that brings these to you. Nancy and Brian have joined forces to bring you the cutest images in the best possible quality.  Brian is the artist and computer guy. Nancy makes the stamps, trims them down and does the customer service.  I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to have a business with one of my kids. Yup...Nancy....I AM jealous, LOL

Here is a peek at the actual stamp.

068

The image I am introducing to you today is Bagpiper. I love every stamp they carry, but his guy stole my heart first.  My husband happens to be Irish and Scottish, so how could I not put the little guy right into my shopping cart!!!

Just look at that gorgeous rubber. You can tell I have been using him quite a bit already, teehehe. Nancy does a fantastic job trimming these down for you.

And notice they are not mounted on wood.  The best of both worlds, the crisp and beautiful image from rubber with the space requirements of acrylic stamps. You will have these stamps for years and years to come.

I bet you are wondering what kind of cushion this cutie is on. Well....let's take a look.

072 Nancy mounts these on the absolute best Cling Cushion Foam.  Look at how nice and thick it is.  Perfect for just the right amount of "give" to get the best possible image from the stamp.

And, Oh My Gosh, look at that rubber! It is soooo thick!!! AND.....Look how deep the etching is!!! They just don't come better than this!

Let me tell you, these images stamp like a dream.  You don't need extra pressure to get a beautiful image.  I found that I got the best images using less pressure.  This was a bit strange for me at first. I am used to having to press down a bit more and rock the stamp just a little to get an image clean and crisp every where. Doesn't it just drive you crazy to stamp an image only to have one spot or edge not stamp dark and clear.  Uggg....I sure do!

It was the same with every image I have received so far, which is A Lot! For me the hardest part was choosing which ones NOT to get, LOL.  I wanted them ALL. The Bagpiper and Seahorse were the very first ones I bought!

Do you want to see my first card I made?

081 

He is not as wrinkly as he looks on the rubber, LOL.  I only wish I was better at using my Prisma markers, other than that, what a really CUTE guy he is.  Love the blue eyes and his clothes even match his hat and bagpipe, LOL.

Here is a picture so you can see the awesome dimension of the card front.

093 My gosh, I just can't get over how CUTE he is.  Reminds me of an Irish Grand Daddy that loves to listen to his music, wet his whistle and tell jokes all day long.

Anyone who has listened to Irish music knows what a sense of humor these lads have, teehehe. My sons LOVE their Irish music, and boy do they laugh.  I never hear them laugh when then listen to any other kind of music.  The Irish just have that way about them.

Here are a couple of peeks at the inside of the card.

083    088 
091  Remember, you can click on any picture to see it full size.

I heard, well actually saw in an email, that a new image was being released today, so off I am to check it out.  You can see all the images available, too. All you need to do is click on the link in the right side bar and you will be taken directly to the Dog Gone Stamp Site.

Tomorrow, I have something really tempting for you. I can hardly wait, Tee he he he..

Till then, HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: