Monday, February 23, 2009

Quick and Easy Can be Pretty

Have you seen the new Stampin' up designer series paper? Oh My Gosh!!! Usually there is one, maybe two that I will buy...but this catalog stopped me in the paper pages.  I am in love the the Balla Line as well as well as the Parisian Breeze and To the Nines Specialty Series paper which is a product introduced in this catalog. 

The Specialty series is a cover weight card stock. How fabulous for those who own a Bind-it-all. Not only is it a heavier weight card stock, but it is textured.  It really is just fun to look at.  The Rockablity Specialty paper is clear embossed in areas on one side.  For example, one of the sheets has cherries on a black back ground one side and the cherries are embossed.  I think I might break down and get this package, but am not sure yet. Two of the sheets have those "cute" skulls (if a skull can be cute???) and I am not fond of this fad at all, personally.  They are very nice on the opposite side though.

Here is a very quick card I made using the Bella Bird Designer Series Double Sided Paper. This is the regular paper, not the cover weight. 

Bella Bird

Isn't that designer paper gorgeous! The flower from the pretties kit was pressed into my Baja Breeze ink pad with my bone folder. I must say, the flower does looks much nicer in real life. It certainly does not effect the "prettiness" of the complete card, in my oppinion. I may be bias though, since blue in any hue is my all time favorite color!

A quick peek at the inside:

Bella Bird inside 
It is hard to see unless you click on it to see it full size, but the flowers have the center stamped in Night of Navy. It really looks pretty. The stamp itself is one of the two step stamp from {{{GASP}}} the retired set Kind Thoughts.  Uggg.....For some reason I did not realize this set had retired. 

{{{Sigh}}} I was going to use this card at my next SU workshop. I guess I will need to find another flower to stamp inside. It sure is pretty, though, isn't it, Tee he he he


I did make a fun project with the cover weight Parisian Breeze that I am thrilled to share with you tomorrow. It is a gift I made for my SIL for her birthday.

Oh...we only need a few more to make the 16,000 mark to end the contest.  Even I am excited with anticipation to see who will be the luck commenter drawn by Random.com. Hopefully I will be announcing the winner tomorrow.

See you then :o) Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: