Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Black and White and Red

Have you found a challenge you have tried?  Do you have a blog or forum you go to for inspiration? I would really love for you to let me know where they are, so I can check them out. It is always exciting to see a new spin on something or a new challenge or technique to try. 

Here is a challenge from SUDSOL. This is an Stampin' Up Demo something, something, something, LOL. I don't remember what the last 3 letters stand for. Their challenges are extra challenging since it is limited to Stamapin' Up products. 

Don't get me wrong, I love SU products, so much so that I am a demonstrator.  Just sometimes I would rather use....say...organdy ribbon...and they do not carry it in the catalog right now.  So I need to find a current ribbon instead. 

The last challenge was to use only black and white paper AND ink!! YIKES!!! Last summer I posted about the difficulty I had using the color black.  Since then I have learned to use it as a layer, but certainly NOT as a main color.

Using gallon, quart, pint in my color choices, black would always be the pint. With this challenge it would have to be the gallon or quart UUgggggggggg, I though is that even possible!? My saving grace was that we could use any color embellishment, so the color would be my pint.

I decided to make 2 cards with one being a bit more masculine.

Wm sudsol black and white challenge 1 On the more feminine card, I chose to use a bit of red. Black and white and red look so pretty together.

Wm sudsol black and white challenge inside 1   Wm sudsol black and white challenge side view 1





Here is an angled and inside view of the card.

Stamping the inside is as much fun as the outside :o) Here, as you can see, LOL, I put the butterflies in each corner.

 With the masculine card, I decided to keep with just the black and white.

Wm sudsol balck and white challeng outside 2



For the inside I kept it simple.

Wm sudsol balck and white challeng 2




 


I am soooooooo excited to share with you tomorrow.  I have been playing with my Dog Gone Stamps and WOW....are they fun! It's coloring heaven! There is not much in paper crafting that I find more relaxing than coloring! Of course, you don't have to color the images.  There are other things you can do instead and I will be sharing those things in the near future.

TODAY'S CONVERSATION STARTER:

Share with us where you go for inspiration and/or challenges.

ME...I go to Split Coast Stampers mostly. I sometimes find a challenge on a blog, then don't remember which one.  So I am going to start printing out the challenge with the end date and place I found it.

Till tomorrow, HUGS, Sandy O

No comments: