Friday, January 1, 2010

Acetate Card

Happy New Year to you!!! What did you do for the New Years Eve?  And...what are you celebrating for the new year? We tried to watch a movie and both ended up falling asleep, with me waking on the couch and Paul in his recliner, LOL I guess we are getting a bit old {{{sniff}}}. That is OK, we celebrated the New Year with the birth of our brand new and first grandchild (a Boy) on the 28th of December. What a wonderful way to start the new year!

Of course I HAD to make a new card to celebrate the new year of crafting!!! This is not only the first card I made in 2010, but my very first acetate card. I used the wonderful Fred She Said Digital Stamps" Colored Decoupage Blossoms&BFlies". She sells the stamps colored or plain so that you could color them. I chose the colored ones for this card.

The acetate card came from Papertrey Ink. This is a nice thick acetate that is perfect for cards. The only acetate I have found in local stores is very thin and not well suited for making cards. The only problem I had with the thickness is scoring the fold, but I finally figured out that it was easier to just fold it in half and run my score tool over the fold.

Here is the front of the card

Acetate layered flower front

I made this card for a couple of challenges also

Pile it on challenge #30: Crystal Clear and can also be used for their #29 Anything Digital

Crafty Creation Challenge: Glitter & Bling

Stamp Something: New Something..to use something you got as a gift whether from someone else for yourself that is still unused.

Here are some other views:

Acetate layered flower standing side Acetate layered flower inside

Above is a photo of a side view

The Right photo is the inside.

 The bottom photo is the front from a side view to show the dimension.

Acetate layered flower side

I did not stamp on the inside so as to leave room for writing a personal note.

Have you used acetate before? I REALLY would love to see it, so leave me a link to it in the comment section, OK. :o)

Thanks for stopping by today, the first day of 2010!!!

Sandy O

No comments: