Thursday, January 7, 2010

Butterflies

I have had a past couple of busy days and could not get into my stamp room. On the other hand, they would a wonderful 2 busy days. I was able to visit my new grandson, Camden, and help my daughter with whatever she needed. Today I am picking up my mother, who lives 1 1/2 hours away, so she can see her great-grandson.  I am so excited for her to meet him :o)
So today I am going to share with you an older project I made. I love butterflies and have wanted a butterfly house since I first saw one. I decided to make one since I have yet to find one after that first siting. Here are some pictures for you:
Butterfly house front
I made this using only Paper Temptress paper, craft and shimmer. At this time she did not carry chipboard, but...she does now :o) so you can get all you paper and chipboard sheets all in one place!
Butterfly house left Butterfly house back p  
Butterfly house top



Butterfly houseinsidet
Butterfly blue close up Butterfly pink close up








I tried to make it look like a slightly weathered home made house. I could picture a grandfather making it with his grandson for his wife or the grandsons mother.
I also made the house to be a gift box. Perhaps to fill it with some butterfly flower seeds or new butterfly tree or gardening tools.
I also put a picture hanger on the back after these photos were taken so it could be hung up as home decor.
Thank you for stopping by today. 
Hugs, Sandy O

No comments: