Friday, January 8, 2010

Sew Cute

I have been getting into digital stamps for the past couple of weeks and happened upon the cutest stamps made by Sew Many Cards. Today they had a wonderful blog hop focusing on the new January release stamps. Oh My, if you have not seen their images, today would be a great day to take a look.

Not only will you find some really cute images and new blogs to bookmark, there is a challenge and prizes to win from each of the DT members. The best of all is the wonderful prize for the challenge winner! 

I have the image that you can get for free on their blog or as part of a whole set of matching stamps for a $10+ purchase plus the code provided when you visit (you can just click on the "set" link and it will bring you right to it). I can tell you, it is easy to purchase enough images to get to $10!!!

This is Toga the Turtle bringing flowers to his valentine.

Turtle standing plaque

Isn't he adorable! After printing him out, coloring him and cutting him out I just could not think of how to get him on a card. After trying several different things, I decided to make him into a plaque/photo.

Turtle standing plaque side viewHere you can see that I used dimensionals just on two of the feet and the head. The rest of the image was glued flat using Aleen's tacky glue, LOVE that stuff!

Of course I colored 2 images so that when the head and legs were up it would not be plain beneath.

You can click on any of the photos to get a more detailed look if you would like. Turtle standing plaque back

I don't even know what to call this, the "leg" I guess I will call it for now, LOL I made it out of chipboard as opposed to a coaster that the picture frame is made out of. I find that coasters are much to soft and will not hold up for something like this. To make sure that the chipboard did not crack, I applied some crystal effects on each side. It dries like a thin coat of plastic which will help prevent the chipboard from breaking.

I hope you like Toga. He is so cute, but wait until you see the rest...you will, like me, have a hard time deciding which is cutest.

I have been doing some research on how to work with digital stamps after you print them up. I am excited to share what I found with you. So you can stop by tomorrow for "Searching Saturday" and see what I found.

hugs, Sandy O

No comments: